Old 12-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Zoony

Default Swiss Cheese Plant advice requested

Hi
I have recently bought a Swiss Cheese Plant. As well as aerial roots
trained around a central moss pole it also has lots of aerial roots hanging
down beyond the rim of the pot which are rather unsightly. Is it OK to cut
these off and if so where should I cut them.

Thanks
Dave

Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
shazzbat

"Zoony" wrote in message
Hi
I have recently bought a Swiss Cheese Plant. As well as aerial roots
trained around a central moss pole it also has lots of aerial roots

hanging
down beyond the rim of the pot which are rather unsightly. Is it OK to

cut
these off and if so where should I cut them.

Thanks
Dave

Some people consider them attractive. I would try to tuck them neatly around
the base or at the back of the pot rather than cut them off. I have also
seen them put into a bucket of water next to the pot.

Steve

Old 13-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Jim W

Zoony wrote:

Hi
I have recently bought a Swiss Cheese Plant. As well as aerial roots
trained around a central moss pole it also has lots of aerial roots hanging
down beyond the rim of the pot which are rather unsightly. Is it OK to cut
these off and if so where should I cut them.

Yes, whereever you want to cut them.
They always look like the original 'alien' tendril to me!
//
Jim

Old 13-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:28:11 +0100, "Zoony"
wrote:

Hi
I have recently bought a Swiss Cheese Plant. As well as aerial roots
trained around a central moss pole it also has lots of aerial roots hanging
down beyond the rim of the pot which are rather unsightly. Is it OK to cut
these off and if so where should I cut them.

Be careful if you stand it next to wallpaper. I have had them grow
onto the paper and leave a right mess!

Pam in Bristol
Old 13-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Mary Fisher

Hi
I have recently bought a Swiss Cheese Plant. As well as aerial roots
trained around a central moss pole it also has lots of aerial roots

hanging
down beyond the rim of the pot which are rather unsightly. Is it OK to

cut
these off and if so where should I cut them.

Be careful if you stand it next to wallpaper. I have had them grow
onto the paper and leave a right mess!

We have one - two actually, on the quarter landing. They wouldn't put roots
into a pole but one root made its way down the stairs. It got to the hall
after two years. The grandchhildren were fascinated.

I understand that they're really crawling plants rather than upright ones
and that they grow horizontally instead of upright.

Ours do ...

Mary

Pam in Bristol