Old 29-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Franz Heymann

Default OT Missing threads

A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing. Pretty well
half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited to me or have other
urglers found the same?

Franz

Old 29-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Robert

: A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing.
: Pretty well half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited
: to me or have other urglers found the same?
:
: Franz

Looks ok here Franz

Old 29-10-2003, 01:42 PM
Mark

Franz Heymann wrote:
A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing.
Pretty well half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited
to me or have other urglers found the same?

Franz

As you have OE what is your maintenance setting for deleting news messages,
and have you changed the view current view setting?

--
Mark

Old 29-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Jim W

Franz Heymann wrote:

A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing. Pretty well
half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited to me or have other
urglers found the same?

Franz

No probs here Franz? Mebbe your ISP's newserver or some glitch with
software?..
/
Jim
Old 29-10-2003, 06:42 PM
Bob Hobden

"Franz wrote in message ...
A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing. Pretty

well
half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited to me or have

other
urglers found the same?

Franz, looking at your post we both use BT and that famous German news
server and I'm not having any problems here so it is probably your OE
settings.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.

Old 29-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Tumbleweed

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing. Pretty

well
half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited to me or have

other
urglers found the same?

This is due to an escaped GM crop whose genome has enabled it to devour
usenet.
At any minute, all of usenet will be gone and then it will

Old 29-10-2003, 09:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mark" wrote in message
Franz Heymann wrote:
A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing.
Pretty well half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited
to me or have other urglers found the same?

Franz

As you have OE what is your maintenance setting for deleting news

messages,
and have you changed the view current view setting?

I delete 7 days after downloading, as I have done for six years now. I have
not adjusted anything for years.

This evening, out of the blue, 1238 messages suddenly appeared in my file.
suppose there was some glitch with the news server. With luck I am a going
concern again.

Franz

Old 29-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jim W" wrote in message
news:1g3lrah.171d1xh1asweo0N%00senetnospamtodayta@ macunlimited.net...
Franz Heymann wrote:

A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing. Pretty

well
half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited to me or have

other
urglers found the same?

Franz

No probs here Franz? Mebbe your ISP's newserver or some glitch with
software?..

Thanks for the response, Jim. As I said in another post, I appear to be OK
again. You are probably right, it must have been a glitch at the news
server end.

Franz

Old 29-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Franz Heymann

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Franz wrote in message ...
A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing. Pretty

well
half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited to me or have

other
urglers found the same?

Franz, looking at your post we both use BT and that famous German news
server and I'm not having any problems here so it is probably your OE
settings.

Thanks, Bob. As by a miracle, without any intervention on my part, all is
well again after 26 hours.

Franz

Old 29-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Tumbleweed

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
. ..
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message
A large chunk of the threads on urg has suddenly gone missing. Pretty

well
half of the whole lot has disappeared. Is this limited to me or have

other
urglers found the same?

This is due to an escaped GM crop whose genome has enabled it to devour
usenet.
At any minute, all of usenet will be gone and then it will

{:-))

Franz

Phew, seems the cane toads got it just in the nick of time....

--
Tumbleweed

newsgroups)

OT threads JennyC United Kingdom 45 24-11-2003 07:33 PM
OT threads (loose threads) David Hill United Kingdom 13 22-11-2003 10:04 AM