Old 30-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Dave Chalton

Default Habanero chillis in greenhouses

Whilst I've grown chillis for two years now, this year I invested in a
greenhouse, and all my chilli plants seem to love it. However, living
in South-West Scotland, as well as being wet most of the time, it's
now cold enough for the greenhouse to be damp most of the time. It's
too cold for flowers to stay on the plants, but the dying buds and
flowers are going mouldy rather than dropping off, and quick as I may
be, it spreads like wildfire down to the rest of the plant. Obviously
I remove the offending dead bits as soon as I find them, but the
Habaneros in particular are suffering

Yes, they were late in, but they have got some fruit on, albeit still
green, so I don't want to give up on them. So I wondered if any of you
have experience of growing this breed under glass in a cool damp
climate, and had any pointers in addition to just planting them
earlier next year?

Thanks

Dave Chalton
Old 30-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Ophelia

"Dave Chalton" wrote in message

Are you by any chance related to Mike Chalton?

Unusual name

Ophelia
Scotland

Old 31-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Dave Chalton

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...
"Dave Chalton" wrote in message

Are you by any chance related to Mike Chalton?

Unusual name

Ophelia
Scotland

I am indeed - he's my Dad
True, there aren't many Chaltons about, and even less in Scotland. At
the risk of sounding blunt, why do you ask? And do you grow any chilli
plants

Dave Chalton