Old 06-11-2003, 09:05 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Totally OT - forgive me!

The message
from (jane) contains these words:

I've been surfing for this as I can read German websites to some
extent. However, even as far as the total German output of the
Brothers Grimm is concerned, there is no Zauberlehrling mentioned.
http://www.gutenberg2000.de/autoren/grimm.htm
gives all the household tale names and also a later collection of
German folktales that they compiled, but again no luck I'm afraid.
It is very odd it is not mentioned. Have you tried phoning the Goethe
Institute in London? They are the centre for German tuition and
learning in this country and may well have someone who can help!

Deutche Sagen?

Or Jacob wrote Deutche Mythologie, and Wilhelm wrote Die Deutche
Heldensage - both of which seem possible sources.

(Collins Biographical Dictionary)

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 06-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Anne Wheeldon" contains these words:

According to this website the boy is called Hans:
http://www.internet-maerchen.de/maerchen/hexelehr.htm
Not a very good name for calling but I suppose you could change it to Hänsi
or something?

Hans Knissen Boomsadahlia?

--
Rusty Hinge