Old 03-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default OT Ebay warning

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:08:10 GMT, Janet Baraclough wrote:

... will happily hand it over in restaurants orwhathaveyou
where they might be just as untrustworthy !

I don't! Mine never go anywhere unchaperoned, *especially* in
restaurants or hotels.

The *only* time I have had a, for want of better word, fraudulent
transaction on any of my cards was in a Bank... I still get rather
nervous when a card isn't in a known location or in my sight though.

Of course all you have to do is look out at supermarket checkouts for
discarded payment slips, some still quote the full number and expiry
date. Good enough for mail order even if suppliers are only supposed
to deliver to the card holders address many don't follow that rule.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 04-11-2003, 08:02 AM
Franz Heymann

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
. ..

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Philip" wrote
snipped
I will still use Ebay myself, but will not pay for items
electronically.

What I find so funny is that we are all paranoid (me too) about not

using
our
credit card on-line, but will happily hand it over in restaurants

orwhathaveyou
where they might be just as untrustworthy !

I am afraid that I am paranoid about that as well. I don't like the way

the
card gets whisked away into the nether regions and pushed through some
secret machine. I always draw cash before going to a restaurant.

Franz

What difference does it mak,e they have the details from the transacion
anyway, and there is nothing to stop them being put online should someone
wish to.

They do not have the stuff written on the magnetic strip, unless they use an
illicit swiper, which is what I was talking about.

Franz

WARNING Help with growing vegetables Rubystars United Kingdom 14 14-01-2004 06:35 PM
Frost warning ?? JennyC United Kingdom 2 23-04-2003 06:48 PM
warning about mulch Allegra Roses 0 04-04-2003 05:44 AM
Another unusual poison warning - this time for dog owners jane taylor United Kingdom 7 01-04-2003 11:08 PM
(LONG) Warning on global warming Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 03-01-2003 06:33 AM