Old 05-11-2003, 11:02 AM
nyah

Default Schefflera 'Gold Capella'

Hello,

I have a question regarding my Schefflera 'Gold Capella'. It's got
variagated leaves, and lately I noticed yellow spots (and on some leaves
"yellow bumps") on the oldest of the leaves on the plant, and almost only
on the variagated parts. Also, It seeems to have stopped growing from the
top -no new leaves for al least two months, whearas from the bottom, of the
plant, new leaves come out every week (all of these are unaffected by what I
described above). I also noticed spots of "sticky" fluid on many of the
older leaves. I tried "showering" the plant a week or 2 ago, but it doesn't
want to come off.

Does anyone have any idea was these yellow spots and sticky fluid are? Is my
plant sick or am I doing something wrong with it? It's standing about 1
meter from a window, but doesn't receive any direct sunlight. I water it
about once every 10-12 days and I give it universal plant supplemets
(fertilizer) every 2 weeks.

I hope my questions make sense.
Thank you

Nyah

Old 07-11-2003, 11:13 AM
Victoria Clare

"nyah" wrote in
:

[...]

As no-one else has guessed - are you sure that the 'yellow spots' are not
greenfly? Some types create sticky patches like the ones you describe, and
if there are greenfly on the young shoots, that would also inhibit growth
in the affected areas.

How vigorous was the 'shower'? I find many pests are reluctant to let go,
and you really need to blast them with the cold water directly under the
tap before you get many of them off.

Victoria