Old 06-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Sacha

Default OT - computers - grrrr!

In article , Sacha
writes

Mac User. No Forte Agent for Mac, dammit! I *love* Agent - another
wonderful thing Dave Poole introduced me to. ;-)

So Ray is a 'thing' now is he? ;-)

While he's in bed with a very bad cold, as he is now, yes. ;-) A coughing,
sneezing, hot 'thing'. ;-) But I'm still eternally grateful to David
Poole. Will that dig me out of your mire? ;-))
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 07-11-2003, 12:13 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 18:45:47 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Mac User. No Forte Agent for Mac, dammit! I *love* Agent - another
wonderful thing Dave Poole introduced me to. ;-)

Can't you get a Windows-emulator to run on your Mac?

ObGardening: We're in the middle of an "arctic outflow" when cold
dry air pours out from the interior of the continent over the
Cascade Mountains onto the Pacific coast. It's not really *that*
cold outside; nighttime temperatures are a couple of degrees
below freezing. But it's cold enough to put paid to the last of
the summer flowrs.

Nights are clear and crisp, days brilliantly sunny and brisk.
Beautiful weather!

Fuchsias: flowers have had it; hummingbirds are distressed; must
go buy H.B. feeder this aft!

Schizostylis: flowers bad, but foliage fine.

Centradenia: probably dead.

Hardy cyclamen: not turning a hair so far.

Crocuses: doing well.

Galanthus reginae-olgae: hasn't turned a hair.

There are still a lot of leaves on the trees; the big Quercus
robur by my driveway has hardly begun to shed its leaves, but
enough acorns have come down for the squirrels to go mad burying
them in the cyclamen bed under the big deodar.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 07-11-2003, 09:03 AM
Jim W

Rodger Whitlock wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 18:45:47 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Mac User. No Forte Agent for Mac, dammit! I *love* Agent - another
wonderful thing Dave Poole introduced me to. ;-)

Can't you get a Windows-emulator to run on your Mac?

You can,.. but its easier just to run one of the very good Mac
newsreaders. Not to mention cheaper.

SNIP

macupdate.com or versiontracker.com (which incidentally windows users
will find useful too) are good place to start looking.

Jim
Old 07-11-2003, 02:23 PM
Sacha

Sacha wrote:

Again.. OE6 not an option.. last available OE for Mac is v5.0.6 IIRC;-)
Which I've just realised links in with Sachas email addy! LOL;-)

Hence my recommendations for MacSOUP or Thoth in other post which are
available both for Sys 9 & X..
/
Jim

Thanks, Jim. I'll look at those. This has just happened today so I have no
idea what's set the blasted thing off!

Thanks to everyone else for trying to help me but Macs don't seem to follow
the rules of other OE users. ;-(
--

Actually Franz is right;-)

Appreciate that I've defiled my Mac yet again with another MS product to
check this;-)) LOL

Go to menu Tools Mail Rules click on 'News' tab..

snip of much helpful stuff

Thanks, Jim. I think I must explore getting another newsreader because this
is driving me mad. It's still sowiing me e.g. 13 unread msgs. which are
nowhere to be seen!
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Old 07-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Sacha
writes

In article , Sacha
writes

Mac User. No Forte Agent for Mac, dammit! I *love* Agent - another
wonderful thing Dave Poole introduced me to. ;-)

So Ray is a 'thing' now is he? ;-)

While he's in bed with a very bad cold, as he is now, yes. ;-)

Ah, yes. ISWYM!

A coughing,
sneezing, hot 'thing'. ;-) But I'm still eternally grateful to David
Poole. Will that dig me out of your mire? ;-))

*My* mire????
A mire of your own making :-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 07-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Sacha

In article , Sacha
writes

In article , Sacha
writes

Mac User. No Forte Agent for Mac, dammit! I *love* Agent - another
wonderful thing Dave Poole introduced me to. ;-)

So Ray is a 'thing' now is he? ;-)

While he's in bed with a very bad cold, as he is now, yes. ;-)

Ah, yes. ISWYM!

A coughing,
sneezing, hot 'thing'. ;-) But I'm still eternally grateful to David
Poole. Will that dig me out of your mire? ;-))

*My* mire????
A mire of your own making :-)

Good compost, then. ;-)
--

Sacha
(remove the 'x' to email me)

Grrrr....cabbage whites.... David.WE.Roberts United Kingdom 20 06-08-2013 10:06 AM
Leylandii grrrr Rog United Kingdom 23 26-09-2011 09:09 AM
[IBC] OT-Grrrr! Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 25-10-2005 01:06 AM
Grrrr Diana Kulaga Orchids 22 23-07-2005 11:13 AM
tom cats - grrrr Vicky United Kingdom 46 18-04-2004 03:08 PM