Old 12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
GoldDustRhiannon

Default Cyclamen

I bought a lovely deep pink indoor cyclamen but its gone all pale. What kind
of conditions should I try and provide for it?

Lorraine
Old 12-11-2003, 07:43 PM
Emrys Davies

'Lorraine',

I really like this site and I hope that it helps you to solve your
problem.

http://www.gardenseeker.com/cyclamen%20indoors.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Kay Easton

In article ,
GoldDustRhiannon writes
I bought a lovely deep pink indoor cyclamen but its gone all pale. What kind
of conditions should I try and provide for it?

More light? Pink flowering currant comes out white if you bring it
indoors in bud.

Cyclamen like it on the cool side, but I don't think this affects flower
colour.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 12-11-2003, 09:03 PM
R E Craddock

GoldDustRhiannon wrote:

I bought a lovely deep pink indoor cyclamen but its gone all pale. What kind
of conditions should I try and provide for it?

Lorraine

Good light but not direct sunlight - East facing window sill is nice. Cool, don't
overwater. What you're seeing is exactly what I see with Cyclamen I take into the
'Big House' They are too far away from the windows and too hot. In our house they
last many times longer.

--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/~rodcraddock/
Old 13-11-2003, 10:42 AM
Spider

Cyclamen like very cool, bright conditions. They don't like to be too wet,
and they must not be watered on the crown (where leaves and flowers spring
from). Water from below if poss., or wet the surrounding soil only.
It is also worth gently tipping the corm out of its pot and checking the
root area. Cyclamen are a favourite food of Vine Weevil.
Spider

Old 13-11-2003, 11:02 AM
GoldDustRhiannon

Thankyou for all the advice and the website recommendation. I can now see where
I'm going wrong - the poor thing was sat on the mantelpiece!

Lorraine
Old 13-11-2003, 02:22 PM
Martin Brown

In message , Kay Easton
writes
In article ,
GoldDustRhiannon writes
I bought a lovely deep pink indoor cyclamen but its gone all pale. What kind
of conditions should I try and provide for it?

More light? Pink flowering currant comes out white if you bring it
indoors in bud.

Cyclamen like it on the cool side, but I don't think this affects flower
colour.

It might. If the plant is too warm some will switch off colour genes. I
have never seen it with cyclamen but my house isn't all that warm.

The opposite is true with Christmas cacti. Cultivars grown specially to
be snow white or yellow express the gene for being magenta if they get
too cold whilst in bud. Tricky since they are winter flowering. Mine
usually have a pinky part on their petals.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown

Cyclamen with a monkey on my patio. - Cyclamen 2toneMonkeyDSC01300.JPG (1/1) Wendy7 Garden Photos 2 01-03-2011 12:07 AM
Cyclamen with a monkey on my patio. - Cyclamen 2toneMonkeyDSC01300.JPG (0/1) Wendy7 Garden Photos 1 28-02-2011 11:55 PM
Cyclamen Notes paghat Gardening 3 15-03-2003 08:08 PM
Winter Flowering Cyclamen Peter Donovan United Kingdom 17 14-03-2003 08:53 AM
cyclamen Marley1372 Gardening 2 22-02-2003 09:15 AM