Old 13-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Howie

Default Grass

Quick, simple question "mid Nov, what should I being doing with my lawn..."

Thanks

Old 13-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Howie" writes:
| Quick, simple question "mid Nov, what should I being doing with my lawn..."

Quick, simple answer "not a lot, except perhaps removing piles of
leaves".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 13-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Bevan Price

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Howie" writes:
| Quick, simple question "mid Nov, what should I being doing with my

lawn..."

Quick, simple answer "not a lot, except perhaps removing piles of
leaves".

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

And a final light mow if necessary, but only if no frost is forecast in the
next day or two.

Bevan

Old 13-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Howie" contains these words:

Quick, simple question "mid Nov, what should I being doing with my lawn..."

Don't let the lowdown sod make you do anything you don't want to.

Janet.
Old 15-11-2003, 10:32 AM
David W.E. Roberts

"Howie" wrote in message
Quick, simple question "mid Nov, what should I being doing with my

lawn..."

Looking at it and thinking "Poor baby! Next year I promise to cherish you
more."

Additionally in my case "Do you never stop growing?".

Cheers
Dave R

Old 16-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Simon Avery

"Howie" wrote:

Hello Howie

H Quick, simple question "mid Nov, what should I being doing
H with my lawn..."

In my case, giving it the third "last cut of the year".

Old 17-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Howie
writes
Quick, simple question "mid Nov, what should I being doing with my lawn..."

Unless its waterlogged or frosty - when you should leave it well alone -
exactly what you would do at any other time of the year!!
Keep it free of debris (which, at this time of year is leaves and
sticks) and mow it when it is of a length to do so. Possibly the only
thing different is to mow it on a higher setting than in the summer.
Oh, and don't feed or scarify it until spring.
We have mown our lawn in December on occasion!!!!!!!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 17-11-2003, 02:32 PM
Ron Clark

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:27:25 +0000, Jane Ransom
wrote:

Keep it free of debris (which, at this time of year is leaves and
sticks) and mow it when it is of a length to do so. Possibly the only
thing different is to mow it on a higher setting than in the summer.
Oh, and don't feed or scarify it until spring.
We have mown our lawn in December on occasion!!!!!!!!

I have in the past several times cut the lawn in Jan-Feb during a
heavy deep ground frost. Doesn't seem to hurt it (and it stops your
boots sinking in the wet ground up to your ankles)

--
®óñ© © ²°°³
Old 17-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , Ron Clark
writes

I have in the past several times cut the lawn in Jan-Feb during a
heavy deep ground frost. Doesn't seem to hurt it

How come?
I know the grass under the washing line always suffers when we walk on
it in a frost. Imagine what would happen to your finger if it was frozen
solid and then hit with a hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.