Old 24-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Steunenberg.Willem

Default Butternut seeds

From a friend of mine I have received the following seeds.

Butternut Squash
And
Butternut Barbara.

These seeds come from a professional lot and the packaging does not give any
indication how and when to grow them.

Can someone help me.

Thanks,

Willem // Douvaine/ France

Old 24-11-2003, 11:21 PM
Bob Hobden

"Steunenberg.Willem" wrote in message ...
From a friend of mine I have received the following seeds.

Butternut Squash
And
Butternut Barbara.

These seeds come from a professional lot and the packaging does not give

any
indication how and when to grow them.

In exactly the same way you would grow a Pumpkin.
Sow seeds in pots in a heated place (greenhouse or windowsill) about a month
before the last frost. Plant out after the last frost in a sunny plot that
has a lot of organic material added and keep watered well all summer. 8
Litres a day is about right, and feed every two weeks. Easy crop to grow.
Fruit best if stored for a few months before cooking.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.

Old 25-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

This fred will do - I have been given a ripe cucumber - for seed. I've
extracted about 25 seeds - all of them, and will be planting some them
next year.

The cuke in question is a little globe about the size of a good egg, and
has a lemony flavour.

Anyone know what it is called?

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)

Old 25-11-2003, 03:18 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:03:47 +0100, Steunenberg.Willem wrote:

From a friend of mine I have received the following seeds.

Butternut Squash
And
Butternut Barbara.

These seeds come from a professional lot and the packaging does not give any
indication how and when to grow them.

Can someone help me.

Sow after your last frost. Give them plenty of sun and plenty of
room. The mature squash will keep all winter long in a cool, well
ventilated place.

Are squash not much grown in France?

Old 25-11-2003, 09:06 AM
martin

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:49:33 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

This fred will do - I have been given a ripe cucumber - for seed. I've
extracted about 25 seeds - all of them, and will be planting some them
next year.

The cuke in question is a little globe about the size of a good egg, and
has a lemony flavour.

Anyone know what it is called?

Pickled corn-i-chon? ( Delia Smith)
--