Old 03-12-2003, 12:30 AM
David

Default Flowering in my garden

During a quick walk around the garden today I saw the following in flower:

Fatsia Japonica
Viburnum bodnantense
Several hardy fuschia
Pelargoniums
Penstemons
Kaffir Lily
Japanese Anenome

Some I would expect, but with no frost to speak of yet, it really does seem
as though Winter will not be here for while yet.

--
David (South West Wales)

Old 03-12-2003, 03:03 AM
andrewpreece

"David" wrote in message
During a quick walk around the garden today I saw the following in flower:

Fatsia Japonica
Viburnum bodnantense
Several hardy fuschia
Pelargoniums
Penstemons
Kaffir Lily
Japanese Anenome

Some I would expect, but with no frost to speak of yet, it really does

seem
as though Winter will not be here for while yet.

--
David (South West Wales)

I'll see you and raise you:-
Forget-me-Nots
Red Campion
Wallflowers
Brompton Stock
Cornflowers
Nasturtiums ( not looking good though )

also, Hebe, Roses, Ceonothus, & Lavatera.

Andy

Old 03-12-2003, 07:32 AM
Chris Rowe

Add to that clematis evening primrose and hollyhock
Chris ( Southampton)

Old 03-12-2003, 12:22 PM
David W.E. Roberts

Add to that outdoor cherry tomatoes (Suffolk)
I can't really believe that they are still setting fruit, but they seem to
be!
I don't expect them to ripen though :-(

Cheers
Dave R

Old 03-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Victoria Clare

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in
:

Add to that outdoor cherry tomatoes (Suffolk)
I can't really believe that they are still setting fruit, but they
seem to be!

My Schizostylis are still flowering enthusiastically, and I also have some
primroses that seem to think Spring is here already!

I also have one monstrous mesembryanthemum seedling which seems to have
seeded itself from the summer into a left over wallbasket. It's vast,
though not flowering yet, but I am sure the frosts should have seen it off
by now.

I am inclined to leave it out and see if it produces a monstrous bloom for
Christmas, or next year.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Old 04-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Kay Easton

In article , David
writes
During a quick walk around the garden today I saw the following in flower:

Fatsia Japonica
Viburnum bodnantense
Several hardy fuschia
Pelargoniums
Penstemons
Kaffir Lily
Japanese Anenome

Some I would expect, but with no frost to speak of yet, it really does seem
as though Winter will not be here for while yet.

We've just come home to see a large fat hedgehog.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 09-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Stephen Howard

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 23:45:49 -0000, "David"
wrote:

During a quick walk around the garden today I saw the following in flower:

Fatsia Japonica
Viburnum bodnantense
Several hardy fuschia
Pelargoniums
Penstemons
Kaffir Lily
Japanese Anenome

Some I would expect, but with no frost to speak of yet, it really does seem
as though Winter will not be here for while yet.

...and here in Hants I have a single miniature yellow rose blossom
about one third open. Doesn't look like yesterday's hard frost caught
it.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 09-12-2003, 01:05 PM
Pam Moore

wrote:

During a quick walk around the garden today I saw the following in flower:

I have a white bacopa still flowering beautifully in a wall-hung pot,
also 3 clematis blooms in my Judas tree.

Pam in Bristol
Old 09-12-2003, 09:43 PM
Rod

David wrote:

During a quick walk around the garden today I saw the following in flower:

Fatsia Japonica
Viburnum bodnantense
Several hardy fuschia
Pelargoniums
Penstemons
Kaffir Lily
Japanese Anenome

Some I would expect, but with no frost to speak of yet, it really does seem
as though Winter will not be here for while yet.

White Candelabra Primulas flowering through white winter flowering heathers -
that's a combo I've not seen flowering together before.
Still the same Rod - I've just let some weeds grow in my email address.
--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html