Old 14-12-2003, 12:03 PM
DLee

Default Bulb Question

It is middle of December now, and is it still ok to plant bulbs? I already
planted some back in October, and new shoots are coming out. But I could not
finish planting them all at the time due to other things happening in the
house, and now I have time to plant them - just wondered if it is not too
late for planting. Bulbs we have are some blue bells and daffodils, and they
have been kept in the plastic bags in the garage.

cheers

Dan

Old 14-12-2003, 02:14 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "DLee" contains these words:

It is middle of December now, and is it still ok to plant bulbs? I already
planted some back in October, and new shoots are coming out. But I could not
finish planting them all at the time due to other things happening in the
house, and now I have time to plant them - just wondered if it is not too
late for planting. Bulbs we have are some blue bells and daffodils, and they
have been kept in the plastic bags in the garage.

Bung them in. They won't come to much in the garage.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 14-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:58:12 -0000, "DLee"
wrote:

It is middle of December now, and is it still ok to plant bulbs? I already
planted some back in October, and new shoots are coming out. But I could not
finish planting them all at the time due to other things happening in the
house, and now I have time to plant them - just wondered if it is not too
late for planting. Bulbs we have are some blue bells and daffodils, and they
have been kept in the plastic bags in the garage.

They were planting bulbs on GQT today!

Pam in Bristol
Old 14-12-2003, 09:02 PM
DLee

Hi Pam, Jaques, Sacha

Thank you all for your replies - much appreciated. I went out this
afternoon, and put the rest of the daffoldils into the borders. Noticed that
some have been pushing shoots of about 1 - 2 cm long.

I was putting some blue bells, but had to stop, as it got dark, and there
were still half a bag left. Maybe next weekend.

cheers all

Dan

Old 14-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Registered User

Location: OLDHAM

Quote:
Originally posted by DLee
It is middle of December now, and is it still ok to plant bulbs? I already
planted some back in October, and new shoots are coming out. But I could not
finish planting them all at the time due to other things happening in the
house, and now I have time to plant them - just wondered if it is not too
late for planting. Bulbs we have are some blue bells and daffodils, and they
have been kept in the plastic bags in the garage.

cheers

Dan
Hi Last december /january i planted out 30/40 daffodils of all sizes and they all flowered at the same time as the bulbs i planted out in november, so there's no problem with planting them late.