Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-12-2003, 06:05 PM
David Hill

Default Welsh National Botanic gardens

Well we went to last nights candle vigil.seemed to be a very good turnout.
BBC Wales and HTV were both there both doing live slots so should have been
some useful publicity.
We were very lucky with the weather, which. was so unlike today's wet and
windy, last night was just a light breeze and dry.
But what a pity that with all the money that has gone into the place they
don't have anything like a passable PA system, the carols afterwards would
have been helped so much with a good system, as would the organisation in
getting people to take their positions outside, the 3 men with loud hailers
we were told about didn't seem to know how to turn them on as we never heard
anything from any of them, and when you are told by the man on the
mike(Which we couldn't see) that those of you over there go out by the East
door (Not marked) and you over on that side use the South door.
Last moan..........at £1.40 for a small cup of coffee and £1.00 for a mince
pie next time I take a flask.

there are a few things still there before Xmas, and a Boxing day Guided
walk. for details see........
http://www.gardenofwales.org.uk/engl...sit/events.php

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Welsh gardens Dave Hill United Kingdom 2 01-07-2011 11:05 AM
For Padraig: different kinds of gardens & folliage - Commemorative 2 Cent Stamps, National Parks Centennial, Cape Hatteras National Seashore.jpg 232672 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Garden Photos 0 11-05-2007 04:10 PM
Welsh Botanic Gardens, this Friday Gavin Wheeler United Kingdom 0 16-12-2003 07:42 PM
National Botanic Gardens of Wales Gavin Wheeler United Kingdom 0 10-12-2003 05:15 PM
National Botanic Garden of Wales jane United Kingdom 38 05-11-2003 12:32 AM