Old 21-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Gardening Planning type of Software

In article , Phil
writes
Any suggestions for good garden planning t ype of software? I used to have a
Geoff Hamilton some years ago which I found very poor and wonder if today's
versions are better?

This is a question often asked on the group.
Close to the top of the abc to newcomers post there is a reference to
our faqs which states -

There are a number of FAQ files (answers to Frequently Asked
Questions) which have been put together by the contributors
to this group and are available at:

http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/index.html

The particular faq you need is -

Garden Design Software by The Group
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqsoftw.htm

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 21-12-2003, 11:09 AM
martin

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:46:55 +0000, Jane Ransom
wrote:

This is a question often asked on the group.
Close to the top of the abc to newcomers post there is a reference to
our faqs which states -

There are a number of FAQ files (answers to Frequently Asked
Questions) which have been put together by the contributors
to this group and are available at:

http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/index.html

The particular faq you need is -

Garden Design Software by The Group
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/faqsoftw.htm

To summarise:
They are all crap, unless you have and know how to use Autocad?

Martin
Old 21-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
martin wrote:

To summarise:
They are all crap, unless you have and know how to use Autocad?

Well, I am using xfig to produce some pretty pictures for a garden
wall, but I use graph paper as often as not. And I am not exactly
the most computer illiterate gardener in the UK. Yes, unless you
are ALREADY a user of a drawing package, learning to use one is
likely to be more hassle than it is worth.

Buy a block of graph paper, some pencils, a sharpener and a rubber.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.