Old 25-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Bob Hobden

Default OT. Data protection Act

"martin" wrote in message

The same excuse was then used for the reason that an old couple died
of cold. The real reason they died is that they were poor and nobody
gave a toss about them.

You actually know they were poor then? 30+ years in Retail Banking has
taught me that those who don't appear to have money are often those with the
most. Indeed one report said they had the cash available to pay the bill.
It's also often the case that elderly people save all their lives from
income and then won't spend the savings when they need to. Often because
they can't, they've become conditioned to saving and even try to continue on
their pensions, some consider savings "capital" and no longer spendable
(???), others have other similarly absurd excuses, basically they are just
tight.

My first customer when I became a cashier was an old Undertaker and he said,
" here's a tip for life from one who knows..Shrouds don't have pockets!".
I've met hundreds that seemed to think they did.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars
351 data units completed.