Old 25-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Mary Fisher

Default OT Neighbour Trouble

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

Mainly lurking these days, 'cos I'm too busy out there ......
selling Kleeneze, would you believe! ;-)

You can't do that on a motor bike! Doesn't count. Has to be on foot - with
or without legs.

Mary

--
Anne
/\

Old 25-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Serendipity

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:34:09 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from martin contains these words:
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 22:20:34 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

When I was an anklebiter in the 'forties the Kleeneezee Man was a

portly
little rubicund fellow with a trilby who did his rounds on a tricycle
with a big box on the front - like an ice-cream thingy of the time.

Urg's erstwhile Kleeneze-rep is a portly little chap with no teeth

who
was fond of boasting about his vehicle, so it could be the same one.

When I was a kid we had to make do with a one legged Breton onion
seller on a bicycle.

I had an uncle who came second in a one legged
bum-kicking competition.

Old 26-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Anne Jackson

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

Mainly lurking these days, 'cos I'm too busy out there ......
selling Kleeneze, would you believe! ;-)

You can't do that on a motor bike! Doesn't count. Has to be on foot - with
or without legs.

Damn! I might have _known_ I was doing something wrong! G

--
AnneJ _
)/___
Old 27-12-2003, 11:02 AM

"Serendipity" wrote in message
: On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:34:09 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
: wrote:
:
:
: ...
:
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------
: I had an uncle who came second in a one legged
: bum-kicking competition.
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------
:
I don't believe I have read such absolute twaddle on a newsgroup as this and
the above 3 posts. Do these people really think they are funny? It is
pathetic. This group now seems to consist - with a few obvious exceptions -
of too many people who have too much to say about nothing very much at all.
Do these people have so very little of interest in their lives that if there
is not a lot to do in the garden, all they can do is sit at a computer for
most of the day? Come on folks, it's almost New Year resolution time. Let's
all make one to widen our horizons a bit. Another one for some could be to
post here less.

Old 27-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Franz Heymann

"K" wrote in message

"Serendipity" wrote in message
: On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:34:09 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
: wrote:
:
:
: wrote:
:
[...]

I agree. Let's start with you resolving to widen your horizons a bit by
learning to tolerate the
foibles of other folk.