Old 04-01-2004, 09:42 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Robin on picture rail - OT, but need help

"Malcolm Ogilvie" wrote in message

In article , Rusty Hinge1
writes
The message
from Malcolm Ogilvie contains these words:

What's "a hot night"?

If you don't know by now, you are unlikely to, ever.

Hmm, I wondered who would be the first to discover an "entendre" in what
I wrote!

Urglers look out for them with owl eyes.

Franz

Old 04-01-2004, 09:43 PM
martin

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:32:15 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Malcolm Ogilvie" wrote in message

In article , Rusty Hinge1
writes
The message
from Malcolm Ogilvie contains these words:

What's "a hot night"?

If you don't know by now, you are unlikely to, ever.

Hmm, I wondered who would be the first to discover an "entendre" in what
I wrote!

Urglers look out for them with owl eyes.

In fact urglers look for the rarer double entendre, common entendres
are two a sou.

--
Martin
Old 04-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Rusty Hinge1

The message
from Malcolm Ogilvie contains these words:
In article , Rusty Hinge1
writes
The message
from Malcolm Ogilvie contains these words:

What's "a hot night"?

If you don't know by now, you are unlikely to, ever.

Hmm, I wondered who would be the first to discover an "entendre" in what
I wrote!

Well, with Sheddi about, wodjer eggs pecked?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 04-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Franz Heymann

"martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:52:30 +0000, Malcolm Ogilvie
wrote:

In article , martin
writes
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:12:23 +0000, Malcolm Ogilvie
wrote:
In article , martin
writes
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:10:38 +0000, Malcolm Ogilvie
wrote:
In article , martin
writes

I have friends, in France, who woke up to find an owl perched at the
end of their bed.

Hmm, around here that means there's going to be a death in the house!

in Alpes Maritime it means that they left the windows open on a hot
night :-)

What's "a hot night"?

in those parts 35DegC.

Ah, we've never had a day like that.....

In fact it's probably nearer 25 DegC.

Hotazell is a small town in Namaqualand where the summer temperature can
reach 45 deg
(The name is real)

Franz

--
Martin

Old 05-01-2004, 01:12 AM
Stuart Baldwin

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:52:20 +0000, Malcolm Ogilvie
wrote:

In article , Rusty Hinge1
writes
The message
from Malcolm Ogilvie contains these words:

What's "a hot night"?

If you don't know by now, you are unlikely to, ever.

Hmm, I wondered who would be the first to discover an "entendre" in what
I wrote!

I must admit that I was a little surprised at the question, what with
your interest in birds...
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk

Old 05-01-2004, 01:33 AM
Stuart Baldwin

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 23:25:15 GMT, Janet Baraclough ..
wrote:

Robins seem almost fearless. I've often had them pottering around so
close it's a wonder they don't get stepped on or dug in. Young ones even
hop around the cats :-(

Presumably the adults are the ones that didn't...
Old 05-01-2004, 08:04 AM
martin

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:53:51 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

What's "a hot night"?

in those parts 35DegC.

Ah, we've never had a day like that.....

In fact it's probably nearer 25 DegC.

Hotazell is a small town in Namaqualand where the summer temperature can
reach 45 deg

at night?

(The name is real)

Both names? Where is Namaqualand?

--
Martin
Old 05-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Kay Easton
writes

I don't have high hopes of it - I don't think it should have been that
easy to catch. But we've done our best by it.

Round here I found a hedgehog like that, out in a day far too cold for a
normal healthy hedgehog to be wandering up a drive way. So I caught it
in a box filled with shredded paper and took it up to our nearest
wildlife hospital (Mrs Tiggywinkles) at haddenham. They take in wild
animals like that.
I hope they managed to nurse him back to health ...

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 05-01-2004, 02:12 PM
D Russell

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Kay Easton
writes

I don't have high hopes of it - I don't think it should have been that
easy to catch. But we've done our best by it.

Round here I found a hedgehog like that, out in a day far too cold for a
normal healthy hedgehog to be wandering up a drive way. So I caught it
in a box filled with shredded paper and took it up to our nearest
wildlife hospital (Mrs Tiggywinkles) at haddenham. They take in wild
animals like that.
I hope they managed to nurse him back to health ...

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Isn't that St Tiggywinkles. Mrs was the Beatrix Potter character.
Duncan

Old 05-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

What's "a hot night"?

in those parts 35DegC.

Ah, we've never had a day like that.....

In fact it's probably nearer 25 DegC.

Hotazell is a small town in Namaqualand where the summer temperature can
reach 45 deg

at night?

Noon.

(The name is real)

Both names? Where is Namaqualand?

Just South of the Kalahari desert.

Franz

Old 05-01-2004, 09:44 PM
martin

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:21:37 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Hotazell is a small town in Namaqualand where the summer temperature can
reach 45 deg

at night?

Noon.

(The name is real)

Both names? Where is Namaqualand?

Just South of the Kalahari desert.

I guessed :-)
--
Martin
Old 06-01-2004, 03:20 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

Both names? Where is Namaqualand?

Beside the Orange River.

Old 06-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Old 06-01-2004, 03:44 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Old 09-01-2004, 11:32 AM
Malcolm Ogilvie

wrote:

In article , martin
writes

I have friends, in France, who woke up to find an owl perched at the
end of their bed.

Hmm, around here that means there's going to be a death in the house!

in Alpes Maritime it means that they left the windows open on a hot
night :-)

What's "a hot night"?

--
Malcolm Ogilvie

Need help / growing Red Robin tomatoes indoors whitewater262 Gardening 3 16-10-2006 10:28 PM
Stop Network Rail Tree Felling VQSV United Kingdom 6 21-01-2006 11:41 PM
Light Rail John Johnson Gardening 1 29-04-2004 12:03 AM
wire for split rail fence Dave Lawns 9 09-03-2004 04:13 AM
wire for split rail fence Dave Lawns 1 05-03-2004 04:28 AM