Old 08-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Dog mess

The message
from Micko contains these words:

I have heard it said, but cannot vouch for it, that if you use a
watering can
and cover the fouled area with a solution of washing powder dogs are
unlikely to
re-foul there. I don't know what effect this may have on your grass though.

The borax in it will kill it.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 09-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Registered User

Location: Coventry

[quote]Originally posted by Robbie
[b]Hi

I've bought some of that scoot stuff, but it's not seemingly working, probably
due to rain we've had recently. At a previous property I tried that crystal
"keep off" or "get off" gear and that never really worked back then.

snip

I had a similar problem with next door's cat, I'd put some small stone filling down in part of my back garden and the cat thought it was a giant litter tray!! I tried everything, including the holly and mirrors etc, nothing worked. Ended up having to rake and sift it all every week ending up with a carrier bag full of cat deposits!! (but I got on with the neighbours so it was a grit your teeth sort of a job lol)
Now the neighbours have moved, Henri the cat has gone ... no cat poo to dispose of ... but my shed is now full of mice!!! Don't know which I prefer :S
Old 09-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Registered User

[quote]Originally posted by Julie Clark
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbie
Hi

Now the neighbours have moved, Henri the cat has gone ... no cat poo to dispose of ... but my shed is now full of mice!!! Don't know which I prefer :S
One way of getting rid of mice is to destroy the nest, if you can find it as they tend to go elsewhere. If you know where they are running around, try sprinkling some flour on the floor on a dry day - you can then see their footprints and so find where they go to hide. If you cannot reach the nest, you could try squirting neat bleach under the shed if it is raised, as they really hate the smell.

I got rid of mice inside my cavity walls that way (with bleach) years ago.