Old 24-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Gary Woods

Default Lakes or ponds?

Janet Baraclough .. wrote:

Lucky you ! Is your loch a recent construction, and can you go fishing
from your boat/dock?

Approaching 15 years now, and severely overcrowded with large-mouth bass.
The approved thinning method involves worms and a nice amber ale.

Just right for skating and curling

Sometimes clearing the snow can be a chore... nobody around to skate at the
moment, and there is a curling club in town. I took some introductory
lessons, but there's no award for "largest bruise caused by confusing
sliding and sticking feet."

I need to get another lotus plant or two to plant in tubs; several
varieties of hardy water lilies do fine in plastic pails.

Old 24-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from John Rouse contains these words:

Pond: small body of still water esp as made for watering cattle or other
purposes.

IRTA 'or other porpoises'

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 24-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Okaaaaaay. So if we create a 1 acre (or thereabouts) body of water which
will be used partly as ornament and partly to water the nursery, what shall
we call that? ;-)

"Fish and drips" ?

Janet

Old 24-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Rod

Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
Rod wrote:

I suspect the 'eye of the beholder' might have some bearing.

As in: I have a lake, you have a pond, he has a paddling pool?

Something like that. If it's under the washing machine it's a lake.

--
Rod
http://website.lineone.net/%7Erodcraddock/index.html