Old 23-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Registered User

Location: Birmingham
Default Roses

I was hoping that somone in here might be able to help me with a query... I believe that traditionally some roses are given so as to symbolise an occasion or feeling such as red roses on St. Valentine's Day, does anyone know what white roses symbolise.... if anything? I would be very gratefull if someone could let me know. Thank you x
Old 23-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Martin Sykes

s.com...
--
Gemma

This site has a long list of flowers and their symbolism in flower
arranging.

Apparently a white rose means 'I am worthy of you'

http://www.weddingbokay.com/symbol.html

PS. I can see that GardenBanter mesages make it as far as urg but do urg

Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 23-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Registered User

Location: Birmingham

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Sykes
"Gemma" wrote in message
s.com...
I was hoping that somone in here might be able to help me with a
query... I believe that traditionally some roses are given so as to
symbolise an occasion or feeling such as red roses on St. Valentine's
Day, does anyone know what white roses symbolise.... if anything? I
would be very gratefull if someone could let me know. Thank you x
--
Gemma

This site has a long list of flowers and their symbolism in flower
arranging.

Apparently a white rose means 'I am worthy of you'

http://www.weddingbokay.com/symbol.html

PS. I can see that GardenBanter mesages make it as far as urg but do urg

Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )
Thank you, that's great!!!
Old 23-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Emrys Davies

'Gemma',

Hope this helps

http://www.hugkiss.com/flowermean.shtml

http://www.buyroses101.com/meaning-of-roses.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

s.com...

Old 23-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Kay Easton

In article m, Gemma
writes
I was hoping that somone in here might be able to help me with a
query... I believe that traditionally some roses are given so as to
symbolise an occasion or feeling such as red roses on St. Valentine's
Day, does anyone know what white roses symbolise....

Yorkshire ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 23-01-2004, 08:11 PM
martin

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:50:01 +0000, Kay Easton
wrote:

In article m, Gemma
writes
I was hoping that somone in here might be able to help me with a
query... I believe that traditionally some roses are given so as to
symbolise an occasion or feeling such as red roses

Lancashire spit

on St. Valentine's
Day, does anyone know what white roses symbolise....

Yorkshire ;-)

uk.local.yorkshire.moderated is open for business :-)
--
Martin
Old 23-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

The message m
from Gemma contains these words:

I was hoping that somone in here might be able to help me with a
query... I believe that traditionally some roses are given so as to
symbolise an occasion or feeling such as red roses on St. Valentine's
Day, does anyone know what white roses symbolise.... if anything?

Support for the Bonnie Prince, but you're a bit late.

Janet
Old 23-01-2004, 11:09 PM
martin

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 18:35:17 GMT, Janet Baraclough ..
wrote:

The message m
from Gemma contains these words:

I was hoping that somone in here might be able to help me with a
query... I believe that traditionally some roses are given so as to
symbolise an occasion or feeling such as red roses on St. Valentine's
Day, does anyone know what white roses symbolise.... if anything?

Support for the Bonnie Prince, but you're a bit late.

The notional truss?
--
Martin