Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
Grinch

Default Bird of Paradise

My 22 year old bird of paradise grown from seed is just starting to throw up
a flower shoot - hurrah.
It used to flower 14 years ago & then stopped after we moved house.
3 years ago I re-potted it & put it in a new conservatory where it was
clearly a lot happier by throwing out a lot of new leaves.
Should I be doing anything to encourage it to produce more flowering shoots.

Glen

Old 01-02-2004, 11:18 PM
M. Tiefert

Grinch wrote:
My 22 year old bird of paradise grown from seed is just starting to throw up
a flower shoot - hurrah.
It used to flower 14 years ago & then stopped after we moved house.
3 years ago I re-potted it & put it in a new conservatory where it was
clearly a lot happier by throwing out a lot of new leaves.
Should I be doing anything to encourage it to produce more flowering shoots.

Do whatever you can to make it think it's in southern California - they
grow like weeds there!

cheers,

Marj
--