Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Vine Weevil

The message
from "David Hill" contains these
words:

This is why so many garden chemicals are no longer for sale.
What you do with it after you have bought it is up to you. The formulation
is still the same. So if it worked on vine weevil before there's no reason
for it not to do so still.....but we can't say that .

Maybe not, but I'm not afraid to.....

Just the same as we are not allowed to say that if you boil rhubarb leaves
the resulting liquid can be used as an insecticide..

As soon as I get some more rhubarb I'll be doing that too. With a touch
of fairy liquid it is marvellous for aphids.

thinks

I wonder how it would work on shield bugs?

/thinks

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
David Hill

"..........I wonder how it would work on shield bugs?......."

Why ? what have they done to you?
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...shield_bug.asp

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Karl Grave

Are the plants in pots?
If so, all you have to do is put a layer of grit on the surface when you pot
them. The adults cannot lay their eggs down through grit.
Karl

"Al Rhodes" wrote in message
Has anyone any tips on getting rid of Vine weevil. Have had lots of
polyanthus plants affected
this winter by them eating the roots. (fat white grubs). also will the

cause
damage to summer bedding
plants if they are not eradicated

Old 05-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Sacha

David Hill4/2/04 10:49

"..........I wonder how it would work on shield bugs?......."

Why ? what have they done to you?
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...shield_bug.asp

Quite agree with you, David. I think they're enchantingly pretty and they
do no harm.

"Control
All shield bugs are harmless so control measures are not required." This is
a quote from the site you cite. ;-)

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 05-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Sacha

David Hill4/2/04 10:49

"..........I wonder how it would work on shield bugs?......."

Why ? what have they done to you?
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...shield_bug.asp

Quite agree with you, David. I think they're enchantingly pretty and they
do no harm.

"Control
All shield bugs are harmless so control measures are not required." This is
a quote from the site you cite. ;-)

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Vine weevil - Armillatox David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 4 12-05-2003 11:44 PM
Vine weevil Annabel United Kingdom 1 12-05-2003 12:32 PM
Giant Vine weevil ??????? bnd777 United Kingdom 9 20-04-2003 11:44 PM
Vine Weevil Larvae in outside soil. [email protected] United Kingdom 13 03-04-2003 06:44 PM
Vine weevil preferences Pam Moore United Kingdom 1 24-03-2003 06:20 PM