Old 20-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Neil Jones

Default Fruit trees

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
news
In article , Neil Jones
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article m,

Tim
Challenger "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at"@?.? writes
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:25:52 +0000, Kay Easton wrote:

In article , Neil

Jones
writes

I was thinking more of the birds and frogs. I don't remember

seeing
snow
in April recently, so I'd consider it unusual.

...snip...
There's still snow lying over the north pennines.
I would hope so, it's still mid winter.

But Tim - we've just been told that apple trees should have been

pruned
in winter and that it is now too late ;-)

I'm certainly confused - your reply was to me, but I was agreeing

with
you that we're still in winter...

Whose reply? I thought it was Tim who said

I would hope so, it's still mid winter.

But anyway - my position still is that I disagree with the original
poster who said it was too late to prune apple trees because they

should
have been done in winter - I reckon that it's still winter, and that
it's not too late to prune.

Absolutely!

Old 28-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Roy Bailey

In article , Spider
writes
Hi John,
Apple trees are usually pruned in winter. If you prune now, you will be
pruning out flowering buds (this year's fruit).

Only of you prune the flowering buds!
--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.