Old 18-02-2004, 05:08 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Seeds or young plants required: Artemisia Absinthium (aka Wormwood).

The message
from Danny contains these words:

Thankyou for your interest.
Now see you have a nice day.
I suspect no one else around you will.

Plonk.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 18-02-2004, 05:30 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Old 18-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Victoria Clare

Danny wrote in
:

On 17 Feb 2004 17:37:28 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

even the advice given here tends to be discussed :-)

What is to there to discuss? All I want to know is where to obtain
either seeds or plants and to get the info from someone who knows not
someone who makes a quess. (But certainly not from Jack and Jill Moral
and Ethical Philosophers of the Gardenting World.)

Where is the big deal about all of this? Not one of you have given an
accurate answere. Too busy following the Maggufin.

Actually, Nick did give you an accurate answer. Chiltern seeds do offer
Artemisia Absinthium.

I was surprised to see your response, as I have bought seeds for this
plant from them in the past, so I went and checked.

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern.../moreinfo.asp?
Table=Product&RecordID=BFBDGBI

is the exact location of the individual product record. I suspect you
must have made a typo while searching, or put the genus or species name
in the wrong search box.

I found it by typing 'wormwood' in the 'english name' box.

http://www.greenchronicle.co.uk/acatalog/Wormwood.html also offer it.

(If you ask people not to discuss something, human nature usually
results in them doing exactly that.

It's like if I ask you not to think about rhinoceros. See? Hard not
to.

Better to just not mention whatever aspect it is you are bored with, and
just hope it doesn't come up.)

Victoria
Old 18-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Alan R Williams

Danny writes:

Anyone know where I can buy Artemisia Absinthium (aka Wormwood) either
seeds or young plants in or around the Glasgow area? I would also be
interested in mail order but would prefer a garden centre/nursery in the
above area.

Jane Lane Nursery sell young wormwood plants for 90p each. Their
address is http://www.janelanenursery.co.uk You should probably check
with them that it's what you want.

I've bought a lot of plants from them in the past and IME they are
very efficient and friendly. (No - they're not paying me.)

[snip]

Thankyou

Danny.

Alan

--
Alan Williams, Room IT301, Department of Computer Science,
University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PL, U.K.
Old 18-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article . 12,
Victoria Clare writes:

| Better to just not mention whatever aspect it is you are bored with, and
| just hope it doesn't come up.)

P*** the T****, a.k.a. P*** the S*** P*****?

We can hope :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 18-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Danny

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:39:21 +0000, Victoria Clare
wrote:

It's like if I ask you not to think about rhinoceros. See? Hard not
to.

Better to just not mention whatever aspect it is you are bored with, and
just hope it doesn't come up.)

Many thanks Victoria, you are a breath fresh air.

Danny
Old 22-02-2004, 01:05 AM
Jeff Taylor

In article , Danny no-
writes
On 16 Feb 2004 10:27:53 GMT,
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Chiltern Seeds, if I recall. I found it easy to grow from seed.

Chiltern Seeds do not appear to hold such stocks.

Thankyou for your interest.

Have a nice day.

Danny

http://tinyurl.com/2sval

--
Jeff Taylor

Old 24-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Danny
writes

Do what I did do a
google and check previous posts to this group.

But people might respond, 'Who-Wishes-to-Remain-Annonymous' with why,
having found Google you couldn't find plants of wormwood or even
seeds?

janet
--
Janet Tweedy