Old 24-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default evergreen climber

The message
from "Paul" contains these words:

Looks good to me do you know were I can get one?

Norwich? Try Notcutts. On the ring road between Ipswich Road and
Newmarket Road.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 24-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Paul

Looks good to me do you know were I can get one?

Paul

"Tom Bennett" wrote in message
"Paul" wrote
I would like to grow a climber up the south facing wall of my house to

add
some character. I would like it to preferably be an evergreen and grown
quite fast. Any Idea's ?

I'm a great fan of Lonicera similis delavayii. It's a fast growing
evergreen, with deep green leaves and strongly scented flowers. IME, it's
fully hardy and, unlike many of the other loniceras, it doesn't suffer
aphids either.

- Tom.

Old 24-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Bob

http://www.glenvillenurseries.co.uk/

they are £1.70 each

Bob

Old 24-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Paul

snip
I'm a great fan of Lonicera similis delavayii. It's a fast growing
evergreen, with deep green leaves and strongly scented flowers. IME, it's
fully hardy and, unlike many of the other loniceras, it doesn't suffer
aphids either.

- Tom.

Is this the same as Lonicera Japonica Halliena?

Paul

Old 24-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Tom Bennett

"Paul" wrote
Is this the same as Lonicera Japonica Halliena?

No, it's far less common, but if you put "Lonicera similis delavayii" into
your search engine, you'll come up with several UK suppliers but there are
more, I'm sure.

My local garden centre ordered it for me without any problem.

- Tom.

Old 24-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Jason Pope

Paul wrote:
I would like to grow a climber up the south facing wall of my house to add
some character. I would like it to preferably be an evergreen and grown
quite fast. Any Idea's ?

Thanks

Paul

Maybe not totally evergreen, the passion flower (Passiflora) is a
gorgeous, quick growing climber with absolutely fantastic flowers.
Grows well on south facing walls as well.

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.

Evergreen Climber pat1 United Kingdom 5 12-01-2006 11:24 AM
evergreen climber Paul United Kingdom 0 23-02-2004 09:33 AM
Vigorous evergreen climber - any ideas? Richard Kerry United Kingdom 28 08-02-2004 08:26 PM
Fast Growing Evergreen Climber??? Any suggestions AndreaL United Kingdom 9 15-10-2003 12:02 PM
Evergreen climber to cover a west facing wall in zone 9 Pete Gardening 6 25-09-2003 05:42 AM