Old 23-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Paul

Default evergreen climber

I would like to grow a climber up the south facing wall of my house to add
some character. I would like it to preferably be an evergreen and grown
quite fast. Any Idea's ?

Thanks

Paul

Old 24-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Tom Bennett

"Paul" wrote
I would like to grow a climber up the south facing wall of my house to

add
some character. I would like it to preferably be an evergreen and grown
quite fast. Any Idea's ?

I'm a great fan of Lonicera similis delavayii. It's a fast growing
evergreen, with deep green leaves and strongly scented flowers. IME, it's
fully hardy and, unlike many of the other loniceras, it doesn't suffer
aphids either.

- Tom.

Old 24-02-2004, 08:36 AM
Paul

I live in the East Anglia

Paul

Old 24-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Paul

snip
I'm a great fan of Lonicera similis delavayii. It's a fast growing
evergreen, with deep green leaves and strongly scented flowers. IME, it's
fully hardy and, unlike many of the other loniceras, it doesn't suffer
aphids either.

- Tom.

Is this the same as Lonicera Japonica Halliena?

Paul

Old 24-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Paul" contains these words:

Looks good to me do you know were I can get one?

Norwich? Try Notcutts. On the ring road between Ipswich Road and
Newmarket Road.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Evergreen Climber pat1 United Kingdom 5 12-01-2006 11:24 AM
evergreen climber Paul United Kingdom 0 23-02-2004 09:33 AM
Vigorous evergreen climber - any ideas? Richard Kerry United Kingdom 28 08-02-2004 08:26 PM
Fast Growing Evergreen Climber??? Any suggestions AndreaL United Kingdom 9 15-10-2003 12:02 PM
Evergreen climber to cover a west facing wall in zone 9 Pete Gardening 6 25-09-2003 05:42 AM