Old 27-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Janet Baraclough ..

Default Cheaper garden mags.

Economy tip coming up :-)

I read a mag called Gardens Illustrated which has a cover price at
newsagents, of £3.75. Last year I took out a postal subscription (free
postage) at a slightly reduced price per copy. My sub ran out this
month, and they sent me a renewal form offering 10 copies or £31.50,
(free postage). But as I'm very busy with something else atm, I didn't
get round to sending it back.

Today, they sent me another reminder, begging to retain my valued
custom at a special price.
10 copies for £24.50, or 20 copies for £45.50.

That's only £2.27 per copy, free postage, saving £1.48 per copy on the
shelf price. Not bad, hm?

Janet.

Old 28-02-2004, 07:09 PM
nambucca

"Janet Baraclough .." wrote in
message ...

Economy tip coming up :-)

I read a mag called Gardens Illustrated which has a cover price at
newsagents, of £3.75. Last year I took out a postal subscription (free
postage) at a slightly reduced price per copy. My sub ran out this
month, and they sent me a renewal form offering 10 copies or £31.50,
(free postage). But as I'm very busy with something else atm, I didn't
get round to sending it back.

Today, they sent me another reminder, begging to retain my valued
custom at a special price.
10 copies for £24.50, or 20 copies for £45.50.

That's only £2.27 per copy, free postage, saving £1.48 per copy on the
shelf price. Not bad, hm?

Janet.

If you shop at Tesco with their Clubcard you get vouchers which can be

exchanged for subscription to Gardeners World £9 for the year
...........which is really cheap

Old 04-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , nambucca
writes

If you shop at Tesco with their Clubcard you get vouchers which can be

exchanged for subscription to Gardeners World £9 for the year
..........which is really cheap

Why bother with those huge expensive magazines? I find Garden News and
amateur Gardener both have more information that some of the picture
books. I've always found the Gardeners World magazine too pushy and
'fashion' conscious in plants.

P.S.
I shop at Tesco with my Sainsbury's card and get nectar and Tesco
points. The I shop at Sainsbury's with my Tesco card and get points on
both again

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Old 04-03-2004, 11:32 AM
martin

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:04:40 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , nambucca
writes

If you shop at Tesco with their Clubcard you get vouchers which can be

exchanged for subscription to Gardeners World £9 for the year
..........which is really cheap

Why bother with those huge expensive magazines? I find Garden News and
amateur Gardener both have more information that some of the picture
books. I've always found the Gardeners World magazine too pushy and
'fashion' conscious in plants.

P.S.
I shop at Tesco with my Sainsbury's card and get nectar and Tesco
points. The I shop at Sainsbury's with my Tesco card and get points on
both again

A useful tip! :-)
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Old 04-03-2004, 11:32 AM
martin

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:04:40 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , nambucca
writes

Old 04-03-2004, 12:09 PM
martin

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:04:40 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , nambucca
writes

Old 04-03-2004, 12:12 PM
martin

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:04:40 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , nambucca
writes

If you shop at Tesco with their Clubcard you get vouchers which can be

exchanged for subscription to Gardeners World £9 for the year
..........which is really cheap

Why bother with those huge expensive magazines? I find Garden News and
amateur Gardener both have more information that some of the picture
books. I've always found the Gardeners World magazine too pushy and
'fashion' conscious in plants.

P.S.
I shop at Tesco with my Sainsbury's card and get nectar and Tesco
points. The I shop at Sainsbury's with my Tesco card and get points on
both again

A useful tip! :-)
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Are Nurseries Cheaper than Garden Centres? Bigus United Kingdom 10 15-04-2010 05:14 PM
Cheaper Pond liners Newbie Bill Ponds 9 30-08-2004 01:10 AM
Cheaper Pond liners Newbie Bill Ponds 0 15-08-2004 07:13 AM
[IBC] mags Anthony J Thackeray Bonsai 2 14-10-2003 09:22 PM
(Cheaper) Amquel BenignVanilla Ponds 10 28-06-2003 10:32 PM