Old 28-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Dr Jack Hammer

Default The village idiots guide to foxes and living with them.

The village idiots guide to foxes and living with them, always
remember you have a choice, the fox doesn't.

http://www.nfws.org.uk/

Be sure to visit the problem page and the FAQs, your stupid uestions
may have already been answered and invariably will have been!

To give an indication of the National Fox Welfare Society's commitment
to foxes below is a brief rundown for the years covering 2000-2001.
The Society sends out treatment, free of charge, to householders
feeding foxes that are suffering from the terrible condition called
Sarcoptic Mange, foxes that untreated would die a long lingering
death. This treatment went out to treat a staggering 6,623 foxes in
the two year period. Because this treatment is sent out free of charge
the NFWS incurred the cost; in just these two years we sent out no
less than £33,115.00 worth of treatment!

If the above wasn't proof enough of our commitment, in addition to
this NFWS volunteers rescued a total of 1,355 foxes that were
seriously injured, plus we cared for 511 fox cubs that had either been
orphaned or were abandoned due to sickness or injury. Furthermore, to
catch foxes with life threatening conditions, though still mobile the
Society set a record-breaking 775 cage traps, and even if the success
rate of these traps was only 50% (it is often more) we have a further
387 foxes.

Add all of the above together and we arrive at an overall figure of
8,876 foxes helped directly by the NFWS in just twenty four months.
This is an amazing total of 369 foxes a month. Of course this doesn't
take into account the number of foxes we have saved from contracting
Sarcoptic Mange by treating their family members. Although this figure
is hard to quantify, we believe it could run into thousands.
Furthermore, not included are the foxes lives' we have saved by
providing free advice to people who have problems caused by foxes. Our
advice is offered as the humane alternative to calling upon the
services of gun-toting pest control outfits. Even if half the 'phone
calls received in 2000/2001 - a figure of 13,000 - were for this
advice, there would be thousands of foxes and their families we have
saved from the 'bullet in the head' option of many pest control
companies.

What makes the above figures even more remarkable is that the National
Fox Welfare Society is a completely voluntary organisation - not one
person receives a wage, yet the emergency 'phones are manned 24 hrs a
day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We endeavour to get a rescuer out
to a critically injured fox within the hour. This ensures that a needy
fox is given the urgent attention that it deserves.

This support of the National Fox Welfare Society's activities ensures
that a sick fox is treated, an injured fox rescued, an orphan fox cub
cared for and released, and foxes that are causing problems are
deterred unharmed. Also, that our reputation as 'The Foxes' First
Emergency Service' is maintained. For this and so much more thank you.

Join National Fox Welfare today, and make a difference, you will be
amazed how little money it takes to give one of these guys a fighting
chance

'You can't win 'em all.'
Lord Haw Haw.

Since I stopped donating money to CONservation hooligan charities
Like the RSPB, Woodland Trust and all the other fat cat charities
I am in the top 0.217% richest people in the world.
There are 5,986,950,449 people poorer than me

If you're really interested I am the 13,049,551
richest person in the world.

And I'm keeping the bloody lot.

So sue me.

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Newsgroup ettiquette

1) Tell everyone the Trolls don't bother you.
2) Say you've killfiled them, yet continue to respond.
3) Tell other people off who repsond despite doing so yourself.
4) Continually talk about Trolls while maintaining
they're having no effect.
5) Publicly post killfile rules so the Trolls know
how to avoid them.
6) Make lame legal threats and other barrel scraping
manoeuvres when your abuse reports are ignored.
7) Eat vast quantities of pies.
8) Forget to brush your teeth for several decades.
9) Help a demon.local poster with their email while
secretly reading it.
10) Pretend you're a hard ******* when in fact you're
as bent as a roundabout.
11) Become the laughing stock of Usenet like Mabbet
12) Die of old age
13) Keep paying Dr Chartham his fees and hope one day you
will have a penis the girls can see.

---------------------------------------

"If you would'nt talk to them in a bar, don't *uckin' vote for them"

"Australia was not *discovered* it was invaded"
The Big Yin.

Need a fake diploma for fun? contact my collegues Malcolm Ogilvie
or Michael Saunby who both bought one and got one free, only $15 each,
have as many as you like www.fakediplomas.com
Old 28-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Will

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:52:13 +0000, whilst Caruthers was creaming the
maids muffin, (to her great delight) this horse shite arrived from Dr
Jack Hammer not wishing to put Caruthers of his
stroke I decided to deal with it:

The village idiots guide to foxes and living with them, always
remember you have a choice, the fox doesn't.

They do. They can become urban. Many do.
.....and they like dog food.
Life Saving Advice:

" You can always tell when a politician is lying.
Their lips move."
- Max Headroom