Old 28-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default cutting grass yet?

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:50:19 -0000, Cerumen wrote:

Anyone cutting their grass yet?

No, it needs cutting but I'm ignoring it.

Doesn't need cutting and anyway it's under 3" of snow...

--
Cheers Dave.
Nr Garrigill, Cumbria. 421m ASL. pam is missing e-mail

Old 29-02-2004, 01:19 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:33:02 -0000, al wrote:

Anyone cutting their grass yet? It's been so damn cold this last week that
it's nice and firm today for a change (ie. virtually frozen!) instead of
mushy with water. Tempting to cut it, but not sure if it's too early - it
is a brand new lawn laid last August.

Here in the colonies, I've cut part of my lawn twice and the
other part once. I use a manual reel mower and it gets the job
done just about as fast as a power mower would, with a lot less
aggravation over questions of fuel, engine repairs, and starting
difficulties.

Best of all, you can use such a mower even in pouring raing.
Highly recommended.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 29-02-2004, 01:37 AM
al

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
When you say laid, Al, do you mean from turf or from seed?

From turf - it only got a month or so of strong growth last year before
easing back.

Old 29-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , al
writes
"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
When you say laid, Al, do you mean from turf or from seed?

From turf - it only got a month or so of strong growth last year before
easing back.

I would say that, if it is growing strongly and if it is not waterlogged
or frosted and if it is a bit on the long side, then go ahead and give
it a long haircut to neaten it up. Don't mow it in earnest until April
or so.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 29-02-2004, 09:41 AM
Jane Ransom

In article , Sacha
writes
No, Jane. Perhaps you could ask that question of everyone else who has
responded?

Sorry Sacha, yours happened to be the first I read in the thread - I
wasn't being judgemental - would have made the response to whoever's had
been the first I happened to read !!!

--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.

Old 29-02-2004, 11:28 AM
Franz Heymann

wrote:

"al" wrote in message
Anyone cutting their grass yet?

No, it needs cutting but I'm ignoring it.

We are admiring the snowdrops and crocuses that cover ours.

The wisest piece of gardening we have done is to reverse engineer our lawn.
Now we don't have any mowing to do.

Franz

Old 29-02-2004, 01:31 PM
martin

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:59:06 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"al" wrote in message
Anyone cutting their grass yet?
No, it needs cutting but I'm ignoring it.

We are admiring the snowdrops and crocuses that cover ours.

The wisest piece of gardening we have done is to reverse engineer our lawn.
Now we don't have any mowing to do.

and moles aren't a problem. :-)
--

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit;
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad

Mower not cutting grass short enough tonygwyn Lawns 2 27-04-2009 10:08 AM
cutting grass yet? al United Kingdom 0 28-02-2004 03:56 PM
cutting back on cutting back Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 0 23-09-2003 12:04 AM
Grass cutting David King United Kingdom 8 22-04-2003 11:20 AM
When is grass cutting time? Melanie G United Kingdom 2 22-03-2003 08:44 PM