Old 01-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default fig tree

The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:
"Phil & Diane Martin" wrote in message
We went down our allotment today to find that our fig tree has been torn
apart by the mindless idiots who live around here. we have the main trunk
and 2 branches left,,,,will it survive or do we cut our losses and
call it a
day.

any help will be appreciated

Phil and Diane

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr bloody hooligans :~(

However I would imagine that it will survive. I expect they get eaten
by goats
etc in the wild !

Hooligans are in season ATM. Indeed, as a pest species......

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 02-03-2004, 04:14 AM
Martin Brown

In message , Phil &
Diane Martin writes
We went down our allotment today to find that our fig tree has been torn
apart by the mindless idiots who live around here. we have the main trunk
and 2 branches left,,,,will it survive or do we cut our losses and call it a
day.

any help will be appreciated

Fig trees are pretty tough so I'd expect it will regrow pretty
vigorously once spring arrives. I don't think they bleed sap from cuts
too badly. You could try interleaving it with a ferocious bramble for
self defence.

If you plant the bits they broke off they will probably grow as well.

Regards,
--
Martin Brown