Old 12-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Kay Easton

Default wheelbarrow

In article , Jaques d'Alltrades
writes
The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

One problem is short wives! if the handles are long enough for me, the
barrow doesn't clear the ground when my wife uses it :~)

And if it suits the little woman, the loop round the front wheel digs
into the ground when I push it, prematurely precipitating the payload.

I didn't know there were different sizes!

My problem is they're all too damned big. Fill the thing to the brim
with soil, and I can't push it. Half fill it, and the question arises -
what do I need all that extra barrow for? I'd like a three quarter size
barrow.

And you need a nice bouncy tyre to get up steps, not a horrid solid
wheel. So when will someone invent a bouncy tyre which doesn't deflate
when you run over hawthorn prunings?
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 12-03-2004, 01:16 PM
Neil Jones

"Kay Easton" wrote in message

And you need a nice bouncy tyre to get up steps, not a horrid solid
wheel. So when will someone invent a bouncy tyre which doesn't deflate
when you run over hawthorn prunings?
--

I got fed up with punctures on my bicycle (about 3 a week at one stage)
and fitted tyres incorporating a layer of Kevlar and have never had a

Something similar might work for wheelbarrow tyres, but I've never seen
anything for sale.

Neil

Old 12-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
[...]

You can get stuff to put in tyres instead of air (like expanded foam) my
father in-law used it for his lawn tractor and it was very successful

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 12-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

2) we have only had it for a couple of years, but it is as rusty as hell
with part of the turnover on the rim rusting to such a degree that it is
falling off already. There was no primer, undercoat or any form of
preservative on it, just a quick spray of nice green paint :-)) onto bare
metal :-((

Not sure where, but you can get replacement moulded hard rubber skips to
bolt on.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/