Old 24-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Joe

Default 'Blind' Daffodils

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 at 13:53:23 Christopher Norton
wrote:

The message
from John contains these words:

This year, amongst a mixture of old and new daffodils, there are a
number of 'blind' plants.

Should these be thrown away or can they be persuaded to
flower next - and subsequent - years?

Give the whole patch some general fertiliser (organic if your into that)
and let them keep their leaves on untill they naturally die back. They
need to feed the bulb this year to give a flower next year. I feed my
snowdrop patch every two weeks now that the flowers are fading. I`m
hoping for them to increase rather quickly by this method.

What do you feed your bulbs?

Thanks, Joe

--
Joe Farrugia, London

Old 24-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Christopher Norton

The message
from Joe contains these words:

wrote:

The message
from John contains these words:

This year, amongst a mixture of old and new daffodils, there are a
number of 'blind' plants.

Should these be thrown away or can they be persuaded to
flower next - and subsequent - years?

Give the whole patch some general fertiliser (organic if your into that)
and let them keep their leaves on untill they naturally die back. They
need to feed the bulb this year to give a flower next year. I feed my
snowdrop patch every two weeks now that the flowers are fading. I`m
hoping for them to increase rather quickly by this method.

What do you feed your bulbs?

Thanks, Joe

My own special autumn mixture for Bonsai. Virtually no nitrogen in it. I
can never remember which of the other 2 major fertilisers does which so
it`s them both. Once, everything is died down i`ll slap on some horse
manure over the patch.