Old 17-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Lee BARRASS

Default Garlic (again)

Hi!

I posted a message earlier but it doesn't seem to have appeared ...

I have some rather nice garlic at home which I wish to grow.

Having read on uk.r.g and other places, it seems that garlic needs to be
cold for a while (planted out during winter). If I break up the head and
plant the cloves now will it be ok, or should I do something like pop it in
the freezer for a week?

Cheers,

Lee.
www.menumania.co.uk

Old 17-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Rhiannon S

Subject: Garlic (again)
From: "Lee BARRASS"
Date: 16/03/2004 16:22 GMT Standard Time
Hi!

I posted a message earlier but it doesn't seem to have appeared ...

I have some rather nice garlic at home which I wish to grow.

Having read on uk.r.g and other places, it seems that garlic needs to be
cold for a while (planted out during winter). If I break up the head and
plant the cloves now will it be ok, or should I do something like pop it in
the freezer for a week?

I planted some in my grandmother's veg patch a few years ago in April and it
grew and cropped fine. I'd just bung it in the ground.
--
Rhiannon
http://www.livejournal.com/users/rhiannon_s/

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Garlic (again) Lee BARRASS United Kingdom 14 18-03-2004 01:21 PM
Garlic (again) Lee BARRASS United Kingdom 5 17-03-2004 04:44 AM
Garlic (again) Lee BARRASS United Kingdom 0 17-03-2004 04:42 AM