Old 19-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Registered User

Location: Devon
Default Jasmine flowering now???

I have a jasmine covered in flower buds I think it is the summer flowering variety (Jasminum officianale) it has v small scented white flowers.
Can someone explain why it always flowers in March each year??

Also, this year for the first time, it has just been severely damaged by frost and looks awful (else it is dying from some other disease, leaves have become brown and crisped, inner leaves seem undamaged?) Should I cut it back straight away? Any advice please.......
Old 21-03-2004, 04:18 AM
Chris Hogg

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:43:50 GMT, lkfxxx
wrote:

I have a jasmine covered in flower buds I think it is the summer
flowering variety (Jasminum officianale) it has v small scented white
flowers.
Can someone explain why it always flowers in March each year??

Also, this year for the first time, it has just been severely damaged
by frost and looks awful (else it is dying from some other disease,
leaves have become brown and crisped, inner leaves seem undamaged?)
Should I cut it back straight away? Any advice please.......

Are you sure it's not J. polyanthum? J. officianale is deciduous AIUI,
and hardier than J. polyanthum, which is evergreen and spring
flowering. Prune to keep tidy and in bounds after it's flowered.

--
Chris