Old 31-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Janice

Default Non-Flowering Jasmine & Passionflower

Neither my jasminum officinale nor my passiflora cerulea have flowered this
year, although both are growing well otherwise. Both these plants were cut
down by frost last winter, so am I right in assuming that they flower on the
previous year's growth, hence the reason for no flowers?

Thanks

Old 31-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Jason Pope

Janice wrote:
Neither my jasminum officinale nor my passiflora cerulea have flowered this
year, although both are growing well otherwise. Both these plants were cut
down by frost last winter, so am I right in assuming that they flower on the
previous year's growth, hence the reason for no flowers?

Thanks

My passiflora's flowered on this seasons growth, how often did you water
them?
If you water and feed them too much they grow lots of foliage but no
flowers.

By the way I'm selling a few seeds off my Passiflora Caerulea and
Passiflora edulis on ebay if anyone is interested in giving these
beautiful flowers a go. (They are pretty easy to grow from seed)
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sort=3&rows=50

Cheers

Jason

Old 31-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janice wrote:
Neither my jasminum officinale nor my passiflora cerulea have flowered this
year, although both are growing well otherwise. Both these plants were cut
down by frost last winter, so am I right in assuming that they flower on the
previous year's growth, hence the reason for no flowers?

No. The current year's growth, in both cases. Have you been over-
feeding them?

They both need a lot of sun to flower well.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:27 PM
keith

passiflora grows rapid,mine grows 15 to 20 foot a season without any care
!All i do is after the frost late spring cut it back to the main frame
work,at the time it looks drastic,But like i say mine has out grown its
space this season.i have been having to cut it back throughout summer.i
havent fed mine at all!