Old 30-03-2004, 03:19 PM
Registered User

Question How much top soil

I need to increase the surface level in my garden prior to laying new turf. I want to order top soil but do not know how much I need. How do you work out how much you need. For instance if I have an area of 20ft x 10ft = 200sq ft and I want to raise the level by 2 inches how much soil do I need?
Old 30-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Emrys Davies

Default How much top soil

Martyn',

It would appear that you need 1.23 cubic yards of top soil.

http://www.buckjones.com/mulchConv.html

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"martyn.green" wrote in
message s.com...
--
martyn.green

Old 30-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Franz Heymann

"martyn.green"
wrote in message
s.com...
I need to increase the surface level in my garden prior to

laying new
turf. I want to order top soil but do not know how much I

need. How do
you work out how much you need. For instance if I have an

area of 20ft
x 10ft = 200sq ft and I want to raise the level by 2

inches how much
soil do I need?

67 cu ft or just under 2.5 cubic yards.

Franz

Old 30-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Franz Heymann wrote:

"martyn.green"
wrote in message
ws.com...
I need to increase the surface level in my garden prior to

laying new
turf. I want to order top soil but do not know how much I

need. How do
you work out how much you need. For instance if I have an

area of 20ft
x 10ft = 200sq ft and I want to raise the level by 2

inches how much
soil do I need?

67 cu ft or just under 2.5 cubic yards.

You have slipped up by a factor of two. Please accept a rap over the
knuckles with a (wooden, 12") ruler and go to the bottom of the class!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 30-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Franz Heymann wrote:

ws.com...

Old 30-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Franz Heymann

"Franz Heymann" wrote in
message ...

"martyn.green"

wrote in message
s.com...
I need to increase the surface level in my garden prior

laying new
turf. I want to order top soil but do not know how much

need. How do
you work out how much you need. For instance if I have

an
area of 20ft
x 10ft = 200sq ft and I want to raise the level by 2

inches how much
soil do I need?

67 cu ft or just under 2.5 cubic yards.

OOPS!!

33.3 cu ft or just under 1,25 cubic yards.

Franz

Old 30-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Franz Heymann

"Franz Heymann" wrote in
message ...

"martyn.green"

s.com...

Old 30-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Franz Heymann wrote:

ws.com...

Old 30-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Franz Heymann

"Franz Heymann" wrote in
message ...

"martyn.green"

s.com...

Old 30-03-2004, 11:41 PM
shazzbat

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in
message ...

"martyn.green"

wrote in message
s.com...
I need to increase the surface level in my garden prior

laying new
turf. I want to order top soil but do not know how much

need. How do
you work out how much you need. For instance if I have

an
area of 20ft
x 10ft = 200sq ft and I want to raise the level by 2

inches how much
soil do I need?

67 cu ft or just under 2.5 cubic yards.

OOPS!!

33.3 cu ft or just under 1,25 cubic yards.

Tut tut, you mean 0.944 cu.metres.
I wouldn't let the trading standards catch you selling it in Cu yds, or
they'll send you to jail.

Steve