Old 02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
paul bonner

Default Daffodils

I planted some daffodils late last year and now have a magnificent show of
them however I have planted them in the wrong place and wish to move them to
a better local when they have finished flowering.

Should I lift them when they have finished flowering and then store them
until later in the year or lift them and immediately replant them in the new
location?

Thanks
Paul

Old 02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Rod

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:50:50 -0800, "paul bonner"
wrote:

I planted some daffodils late last year and now have a magnificent show of
them however I have planted them in the wrong place and wish to move them to
a better local when they have finished flowering.

Should I lift them when they have finished flowering and then store them
until later in the year or lift them and immediately replant them in the new
location?

Thanks
Paul

Let the foliage die down, then move them.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply
Old 02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Kay Easton

In article , paul bonner
writes
I planted some daffodils late last year and now have a magnificent show of
them however I have planted them in the wrong place and wish to move them to
a better local when they have finished flowering.

Should I lift them when they have finished flowering and then store them
until later in the year or lift them and immediately replant them in the new
location?

Lift and replant immediately. After they have finished flowering, they
will go on growing for a while, and it is this growth that lays the
foundations for next years flowers. Waiting till the leaves died down
naturally, then lifting and storing would be OK. Lifting and storing
while the leaves were still green would mean next year the bulb would be
smaller than this year (because the energy put into growing the leaves
in the first place would not have been replenished) and you would be
very unlikely to get flowers.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Bluebird Houses & Daffodils Poking up was: What to do.... *grin* [email protected] North Carolina 8 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Daffodils drooping Mceezee Gardening 2 02-04-2003 01:32 AM
Daffodils Mceezee Gardening 4 19-03-2003 09:08 AM
Wimpy Daffodils :-( Bippy North Carolina 0 15-03-2003 08:44 PM
Daffodils Beachcomber United Kingdom 8 01-01-2003 04:30 AM