Old 06-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Franz Heymann

Default water fountains

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"JennyC" wrote in message

"fontesdecorativas" wrote

in message
Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site: www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

They look lovely Jose but two suggestions:
Make some English pages for your site and give the

shipping prices!
Jenny

Such use of water, I suggest, is environmentally

unfriendly.

What makes you say that?

Franz

Old 06-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Well, it wasn't meant to be a blanket comment. ;-) I know a lot of people
do think of having birdbaths but so many don't and poor birds can get
desperate for water when it hasn't rained for a while. You see lots of bird
tables with food on and those hanging nets and feeders but not often
something just for water. One of the sweetest things we've seen recently
are jackdaws and rooks also trying to bathe in the smaller trough - how they
cram themselves in, I can't imagine. Of course, they also enjoy a jolly good
dust bath in a drought, too!

If I put a (pedestal) birdbath in it would please the local sparrowhawks
no end.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Tony Bull

"fontesdecorativas" wrote in message .. .
Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site: www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

I can't see how any fountain using recycled water can be
environmentally unfriendly. Perhaps some scientist out there could
comment.
Tony Bull www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM

In article , Tony Bull
writes
"fontesdecorativas" wrote in message news:406dedfc
Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site: www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

I can't see how any fountain using recycled water can be
environmentally unfriendly. Perhaps some scientist out there could
comment.
Tony Bull www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Well there's the power used in running the things (unless they are solar
powered), then there's the energy used in manufacturing and delivering
what could be termed as luxury items, its how far you want to go down
the environmentally unfriendly route... should we be doing anything that
isn't just to ensure survival
--
David

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
David Hill

"..........Well there's the power used in running the things (unless they
are solar powered), then there's the energy used in manufacturing and
delivering what could be termed as luxury items, its how far you want to go
down the environmentally unfriendly route ........"

This sounds to me very like the description of a computer........

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
David Hill

Sacha wrote "...Ugh. Sparrowhawks. We have those here, too and in fact
had to give up keeping white doves because they were turning into a buffet
for sparrowhawks ...."

Any chance of sending the sparrowhawks up to me?
My neighbour started with 3 pairs of Fantails about 10 yrs ago,(thought he
would breed them and make money), but they were quickly caught by stray
pigeons who moved in .result loads of offspring of no value to
anyone.....our local peregrine does a little to keep them down but there are
anything up to 50 flying around every day.......result ....I don't have a
hope in hell of growing anything even resembling a cabbage.
The only thing to survive them has been Koal rabi.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries