Old 06-04-2004, 09:41 PM
fontesdecorativas

Default water fountains

Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site: www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

Old 06-04-2004, 09:41 PM
Dcjtee

I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

The postage to the UK must be astronomical!

The Hemyock, Devon, UK branch of The Residents Appreciation Society.

http://english.aljazeera.net

Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
JennyC

"fontesdecorativas" wrote in message
Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site: www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

They look lovely Jose but two suggestions:
Make some English pages for your site and give the shipping prices!
Jenny

Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Mary Fisher

"JennyC" wrote in message

"fontesdecorativas" wrote in message
Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site: www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

They look lovely Jose but two suggestions:
Make some English pages for your site and give the shipping prices!
Jenny

Such use of water, I suggest, is environmentally unfriendly.

Mary

Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
JennyC

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"JennyC" wrote in message

"fontesdecorativas" wrote in message
Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site: www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

They look lovely Jose but two suggestions:
Make some English pages for your site and give the shipping prices!
Jenny

Such use of water, I suggest, is environmentally unfriendly.
Mary

Que ???
Surely the water just goes around in a closed circuit.
Any evaporation will eventually return in rain:~)
Jenny

Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Sacha

JennyC3/4/04 4:44

"JennyC" wrote in message

"fontesdecorativas" wrote in message
Hello
My name is josé margarido.
I'm portuguese.
I make water fountains
All hand made
All in stone

My site:
www.fontesdecorativas.com

Hope you like it!

They look lovely Jose but two suggestions:
Make some English pages for your site and give the shipping prices!
Jenny

Such use of water, I suggest, is environmentally unfriendly.
Mary

Que ???
Surely the water just goes around in a closed circuit.
Any evaporation will eventually return in rain:~)
Jenny

At all times, we have small amounts of water flowing through granite
troughs. One is recycled water, the other isn't but goes through the duck
pond, having trickled over a round granite block and into a trough. Both
attract numerous garden birds which drink from them and bathe in them,
especially at times of drought or prolonged dry spells. Recently, both have
been a real joy as thrushes, blackbirds, robins, wrens, hedge sparrows, blue
tits and great tits, house sparrows, chaffinches, wood pigeons and ring
necked doves have come to drink from them. As a result, these water
supplies are anything but environmentally unfriendly. I think people
(perhaps especially town-dwellers?) tend to forget that birds need water to
drink and bathe in, as well as seeds to eat. It always surprises me.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)

Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
JennyC

"Sacha" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote

"JennyC" wrote
"fontesdecorativas" wrote Hello
[...]

I think that most of the original posters fountains are for indoor
use.......they are mostly only 40 cm high :~)

I think people
(perhaps especially town-dwellers?) tend to forget that birds need water to
drink and bathe in, as well as seeds to eat. It always surprises me.
Sacha

Not guilty :~))
My city birdbath is very popular with the blackbirds.
Jenny

Old 06-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Sacha

JennyC3/4/04 5:00

[...]

Not much an environmental problem, then. But he does have some bigger ones
on that site which I think must be for outdoor use.

I think people
(perhaps especially town-dwellers?) tend to forget that birds need water to
drink and bathe in, as well as seeds to eat. It always surprises me.
Sacha

Not guilty :~))
My city birdbath is very popular with the blackbirds.

Well, it wasn't meant to be a blanket comment. ;-) I know a lot of people
do think of having birdbaths but so many don't and poor birds can get
desperate for water when it hasn't rained for a while. You see lots of bird
tables with food on and those hanging nets and feeders but not often
something just for water. One of the sweetest things we've seen recently
are jackdaws and rooks also trying to bathe in the smaller trough - how they
cram themselves in, I can't imagine. Of course, they also enjoy a jolly good
dust bath in a drought, too!

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)