Old 13-04-2004, 02:11 AM
Den

Default Pathclear

Group:

I'm a Brit that's moved from the UK to Los Angeles, Calif, USA last year. I
've just bought my first house out here (believe me the prices are daft even
compared to the Home Counties). I desperately need some Pathclear, but it
isn't sold here - there's lots of stuff that you dilute two dribbles in a
cubic furlong of water and then spray on, but I want some nice easy
Pathclear (one sachet to a watering can and water on!).

Can someone do me a favour and look up on the box and tell be what the
active ingredients (and concentrations) are.

Cheers

Den

Old 13-04-2004, 08:33 AM
JennyC

"Den" wrote in message
Group:

I'm a Brit that's moved from the UK to Los Angeles, Calif, USA last year. I
've just bought my first house out here (believe me the prices are daft even
compared to the Home Counties). I desperately need some Pathclear, but it
isn't sold here - there's lots of stuff that you dilute two dribbles in a
cubic furlong of water and then spray on, but I want some nice easy
Pathclear (one sachet to a watering can and water on!).

Can someone do me a favour and look up on the box and tell be what the
active ingredients (and concentrations) are.
Cheers
Den

Hi Den,
I know the problem, you can still get all sorts of 'nasty' chemicals in the Uk
which are banned elsewhere. I always stock up when I can :~)

However it looks as if Pathclears days are numbered:

http://www.gardenforum.co.uk/mips/gf....asp?recno=775
Simazine
The Pesticide Safety Directorate (PSD) has issued a notice that will see the
withdrawal of the weedkiller active ingredient simazine during the next 18
months. Scotts sells only one weedkiller containing simazine and that is
Pathclear concentrate sachets. The RTU sizes of Pathclear Gun! are NOT affected,
as they do not contain simazine. Retailers and wholesalers will be able to sell
the existing Pathclear concentrate product until 10 September 2004. Gardeners
will then have a further 12 months (until 10 September 2005) to use up the
product.

This site has info about which chemical does what:
http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/weedkill.htm

And for the chemists among us:
http://www.inchem.org/documents/hsg/hsg/hsg052.htm

HTH Jenny