Old 13-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Registered User

Default Problems with pathclear

I went to my local hardware store to buy some pathclear and was told that it no longer contained the same chemical due to environmental restrictions, and that the new replacement stained paths so couldn't be recommended for anything other than gravel. Has anybody else heard this or know any more details?

Many thanks

Mark
Old 13-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_gb View Post
I went to my local hardware store to buy some pathclear and was told that it no longer contained the same chemical due to environmental restrictions, and that the new replacement stained paths so couldn't be recommended for anything other than gravel. Has anybody else heard this or know any more details?

Many thanks

Mark
I recently found a source of pure Sodium Chlorate by mail order from abroad at £36 a lb so I don't use path clear anymore.
Old 13-09-2012, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/09/2012 11:20, mark_gb wrote:
I went to my local hardware store to buy some pathclear and was told
that it no longer contained the same chemical due to environmental
restrictions, and that the new replacement stained paths so couldn't be
recommended for anything other than gravel. Has anybody else heard this
or know any more details?

I don't know if the new mix stains paths, but it is certainly true that
the old effective formulation was withdrawn for domestic use.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

What do you use these days now Pathclear is useless? Apples United Kingdom 3 03-06-2010 07:24 PM
Pathclear Ultra Aly United Kingdom 0 18-04-2006 01:18 AM
Pathclear Den United Kingdom 1 13-04-2004 08:33 AM
Mosquito Magnet Pro problems - anyone else having problems? Bruce Berger Gardening 2 04-09-2003 12:02 AM
Houseplant problems... John Doe Gardening 15 23-02-2003 04:15 AM