Old 13-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Registered User

Question Identification help, please.

Hi folks,

I was hoping someone in this formum would be able to identify a bush that's growing in my garden.

It's flowering at the moment. The flowers are 8-10mm across and the leaves and branches are quite thorny.

I've attached a picture for reference and there are some more he

http://www.globalphotosite.org/photo...=500&ppuser=56

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Identification help, please.-yellowbush_6.jpg
Old 13-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Inge Jones

Default Identification help, please.

In article ,
says...

Looks like some sort of cotoneaster?

Oh hang on, cotoneaster are not all that spikey I don't think. Try the
other one like it, pyracantha. I always get them mixed up.

--
http://www.simlogical.com
Behaviour modified objects for behaviour modification
Old 13-04-2004, 02:11 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Inge Jones
writes
In article m,
says...
Hi folks,

I was hoping someone in this formum would be able to identify a bus
that's growing in my garden.

Looks like some sort of cotoneaster?

Cotoneaster aren't usually spiny.

Berberis
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 13-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Kay Easton

In article , Inge Jones
writes
In article ,
says...

Looks like some sort of cotoneaster?

Oh hang on, cotoneaster are not all that spikey I don't think. Try the
other one like it, pyracantha. I always get them mixed up.

Pyracantha flowers later and has white flowers, but you're right, it is
similar to the small leaved cotoneasters in that it has oval dark green
leaves and white flowers.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 13-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Bob Hobden

"Cicero" wrote in message
=================
I agree - it appears to be Berberis Darwinii. The leaves are like

miniature
holly leaves and the yellow flowers are due about now.

take a look at..... http://www.goldenbough.co.uk/q.k/1-124

regards
Bob.

Old 14-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Emery Davis

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:09:09 +0100, Victoria Clare said:

[]
] I think this one is berberis darwinii, but could be wrong ;-)
]
[]

I think you're right, though. I've got a couple just coming into bloom now.

Gas station near here has one the size of a pretty big shed!

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to

Old 14-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Registered User

Spot on! Thanks very much everyone - you've been most helpful.

Kind regards,
Ewan