Old 18-04-2004, 03:43 AM
Robert E A Harvey

Default For all interested in honeybees

John Rouse wrote:
In article , Vicky
writes
I'd love to keep bees but my husband is really allergic to them. On
the plus side, I found a demi-john of unidentified wine at the back
of my garage during a clear out the other day. It's at least 4
years old. I was rather pleased, on racking it, to discover that
it's a rather fine mead!

You can get a de-sensitisation course if its bad enough to be life-
threatening.

Sorry, but I had this image of a mead de-sensitisation course. Umm.

Old 18-04-2004, 03:47 AM
John Rouse

In article , Mary
Fisher writes

I'll be there, on the biggest bee book stand, it would be good to meet you.

How do you know its the biggest bee? And why does it need a book stand?
(I guess its legs get tired holding up a book?).

I'll look out for it!

John
--
John Rouse
Old 18-04-2004, 03:49 AM
Rod

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:52:33 +0100, "Robert E A Harvey"
wrote:

Sorry, but I had this image of a mead de-sensitisation course. Umm.

That's easy, no professional help needed - just imbibe 'til you're
insensible.
Slightly more sensibly, an old probably dead now doctor (Harry
Riches?) - Mary should be able to correct me and fill in any gaps on
this - I think he was a dermatologist used to lecture quite widely on
bee venom desensitisation. I heard him at an Essex bee conference a
great many years ago.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply

Old 18-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Rod

wrote:

Sorry, but I had this image of a mead de-sensitisation course. Umm.

That's easy, no professional help needed - just imbibe 'til you're
insensible.
Slightly more sensibly, an old probably dead now doctor (Harry
Riches?) - Mary should be able to correct me and fill in any gaps on
this - I think he was a dermatologist used to lecture quite widely on
bee venom desensitisation. I heard him at an Essex bee conference a
great many years ago.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply

What Good Is All The Clover Without European Honeybees? Way Back Jack Gardening 1 04-06-2010 01:07 AM
Honeybees!!! cat daddy Texas 21 27-07-2007 03:15 AM
Want to know why the honeybees are dying beecrofter Gardening 17 31-05-2007 08:50 PM
Honeybees sighted! ( Zucchini Problem) Phaedrine Stonebridge Edible Gardening 9 31-07-2003 06:03 AM
Are you interested in Victoriana? D. Patnode Gardening 0 28-01-2003 02:47 PM