Old 19-04-2004, 10:15 AM
Oz

Default Spring Lambs

Jim Webster writes

it is surprising how few real trolls there are now. As people have got more
used to usenet they tend to ignore them. Certainly on the UK groups pete may
be one of the few left.

perhaps he should be preserved as an endangered species unable to cope
with the new environment.

OTOH perhaps preserving in formalin would be easier.....

--
Oz

DEMON address no longer in use.
BTOPENWORLD address about to cease.
Use (whitelist check on first post)

Old 19-04-2004, 11:03 AM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:44:22 +0100, Oz
wrote:

Jim Webster writes

it is surprising how few real trolls there are now. As people have got more
used to usenet they tend to ignore them. Certainly on the UK groups pete may
be one of the few left.

perhaps he should be preserved as an endangered species unable to cope
with the new environment.

OTOH perhaps preserving in formalin would be easier.....

Great idea. When will you be doing it to him?

Cheerio

--
To avoid grizzlies, the Alaska Department of Fish & Game advises hikers
to wear noisy little bells on clothes and carry pepper spray. Also watch
Old 19-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Jim Webster

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

it is surprising how few real trolls there are now. As people have got

more
used to usenet they tend to ignore them. Certainly on the UK groups pete

may
be one of the few left.

perhaps he should be preserved as an endangered species unable to cope
with the new environment.

OTOH perhaps preserving in formalin would be easier.....

I suspect that trolling was a phenomena we passed through. They are easy
enough to spot once people have been on line for a while and everyone just
treats them as the equivilent of the village idiot and ignores them other
than occassionally winding them up.
Certainly you no longer see the subtle or witty trolls that there used to be

Jim Webster

Old 19-04-2004, 01:07 PM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:30:50 +0100, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

it is surprising how few real trolls there are now. As people have got

more
used to usenet they tend to ignore them. Certainly on the UK groups pete

may
be one of the few left.

perhaps he should be preserved as an endangered species unable to cope
with the new environment.

OTOH perhaps preserving in formalin would be easier.....

I suspect that trolling was a phenomena we passed through. They are easy
enough to spot once people have been on line for a while and everyone just
treats them as the equivilent of the village idiot and ignores them other
than occassionally winding them up.
Certainly you no longer see the subtle or witty trolls that there used to be

You never were subtle or witty. Troll.

Mind you I must confess I get enormous pleasure from poking you with a
stick, does it show? lol

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Gordon

KrakAttiK wrote

I lecture every day.

Mint sauce.
--
Gordon

Old 19-04-2004, 01:08 PM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:06:26 +0100, Gordon
wrote:

KrakAttiK wrote

I lecture every day.

Mint sauce.

Stoppit, stoppit, stoppit I tell you!

Rice milk...Mmmmmmmmmm slurp.

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Michael Saunby

wrote:

KrakAttiK wrote

I lecture every day.

Mint sauce.

Stoppit, stoppit, stoppit I tell you!

Rice milk...Mmmmmmmmmm slurp.

Puke! What is it with vegetarians that requires that nearly everything
they eat has to pretend to be low grade meat or dairy produce? Next thing
you know they'll be wanting tofu in the form of clubbed baby seals, or
perhaps that's what veggie burgers are already made from - how could they
know?

If you've got an appetite for meat, eat meat, not a load of beans (or baby
seal) pretending to be meat.

Michael Saunby

Old 19-04-2004, 02:09 PM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:02:24 +0100, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

KrakAttiK wrote

I lecture every day.

Mint sauce.

Stoppit, stoppit, stoppit I tell you!

Rice milk...Mmmmmmmmmm slurp.

Puke! What is it with vegetarians that requires that nearly everything
they eat has to pretend to be low grade meat or dairy produce?

Because we have been conditioned all our lives to pretend we don't
realize how nasty a meat diet really is.

Next thing
you know they'll be wanting tofu in the form of clubbed baby seals, or
perhaps that's what veggie burgers are already made from - how could they
know?

In god we trust.

If you've got an appetite for meat, eat meat,

I don't have an appetite for meat, I have an appetite for veggie
burgers, rice milk etc.

not a load of beans (or baby
seal) pretending to be meat.

Baby seal is meat, it doesn't pretend.

Stop it you'll put me off my noodles.

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Michelle Fulton

Jim Webster wrote:
I suspect that trolling was a phenomena we passed through.

Did you knock on wood when you said that? We will probably be overrun with
them next week, now you've "said" we are passed that :-o

M :-)

Old 19-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Jim Webster

"Michelle Fulton" wrote in message
Jim Webster wrote:
I suspect that trolling was a phenomena we passed through.

Did you knock on wood when you said that? We will probably be overrun

with
them next week, now you've "said" we are passed that :-o

but everyone recognises them now. Even pete gets spotted within a short
while of posting under a new name. Now enough people just check the message
source of new posters with strange names and soon pick out the trolls. OK
pete could try deluging a newsgroup with sock puppets but kilfiles work
pretty efficiently, even if pat cannot make his work

Jim Webster

M :-)

Old 19-04-2004, 05:07 PM
KrakAttiK

Jim Webster wrote:
I suspect that trolling was a phenomena we passed through.

Did you knock on wood when you said that? We will probably be overrun

with
them next week, now you've "said" we are passed that :-o

but everyone recognises them now. Even pete gets spotted within a short
while of posting under a new name. Now enough people just check the message
source of new posters with strange names and soon pick out the trolls. OK
pete could try deluging a newsgroup with sock puppets but kilfiles work
pretty efficiently,

Indeed they do, shame you don't know how to use them.

Cheerio