Old 18-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Peter Crosland

Default Spring Lambs

The trouble is that spring lamb has little flavour even though it is
wonderfully tender. Try some year old sheep meat for a real tasty dish.

Old 18-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Martin

Well, I wouldn't presume to go to that newsgroup to play the joker,
and I certainly respect anyone's right to eat whatever they like.

No doubt you offer the same right to pedophiles to **** children,
robbers to mug grannies and so on?

No, I don't. You must admit, that's a bit of a leap from eating a veggie
burger.

However, when
you consider that someone has dropped into uk.rec.gardening to tell
me to "Go veggie,"

Really, who was that, drama queen?

Either it was you, or someone spoofing your "From" name. What did you find
so dramatic? The truth?

I hope you can understand why I can't take him too seriously!
Yes, the comment about lamb chops was made tongue in cheek, and it
could be viewed as provocative. I belive it was appropriate given
how far off topic the original post was. Keep it in
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian where it belongs!

Nuts.

Well, if your view is nuts, I respect that. Now off to bed with you, you've
got a lecture tomorrow afternoon.

---

Old 18-04-2004, 11:06 PM
KrakAttiK

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:36:36 +0100, "Martin"
wrote:

Well, I wouldn't presume to go to that newsgroup to play the joker,
and I certainly respect anyone's right to eat whatever they like.

No doubt you offer the same right to pedophiles to **** children,
robbers to mug grannies and so on?

No, I don't. You must admit, that's a bit of a leap from eating a veggie
burger.

Has nothing to do with veggie burgers.

However, when
you consider that someone has dropped into uk.rec.gardening to tell
me to "Go veggie,"

Really, who was that, drama queen?

Either it was you, or someone spoofing your "From" name. What did you find
so dramatic? The truth?

Your imagination. So post where someone TOLD you to go veggie?

I hope you can understand why I can't take him too seriously!
Yes, the comment about lamb chops was made tongue in cheek, and it
could be viewed as provocative. I belive it was appropriate given
how far off topic the original post was. Keep it in
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian where it belongs!

Nuts.

Well, if your view is nuts, I respect that. Now off to bed with you, you've
got a lecture tomorrow afternoon.

I lecture every day.

Cheerio

--
To avoid grizzlies, the Alaska Department of Fish & Game advises hikers
to wear noisy little bells on clothes and carry pepper spray. Also watch
Old 19-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Martin

Your imagination. So post where someone TOLD you to go veggie?

The section below is pasted from your earlier post;

The recent outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease demonstrates how
inhumanely lambs are treated, as they are moved from market to market
all over the UK, and even exported live to other countries in europe
such as italy.

Go veggie, better for you, better for the animals.

The last line contains the words "Go veggie."

I hope you can understand why I can't take him too seriously!
Yes, the comment about lamb chops was made tongue in cheek, and it
could be viewed as provocative. I belive it was appropriate given
how far off topic the original post was. Keep it in
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian where it belongs!

Nuts.

Well, if your view is nuts, I respect that. Now off to bed with you,
you've got a lecture tomorrow afternoon.

I lecture every day.

Well, you've got me there. You certainly did a shed load of lecturing today.
You clearly hold your belief very strongly, but that does not of itself make
it right for everyone. Posting it in a newsgroup about gardening is just
plain wrong. Have you stopped to consider whether what you are doing helps
your message, or detracts from it. All that illogical stuff about respecting
the rights of people to eat what they want being analagous to respecting the
right of people to abuse children doesn't strengthen your point. It weakens
it.

I can understand that issues such as cruelty to animals, and vegetarianism
are things that people might well want to evangelise about, but if you do it
in a way that turns people off, you'll only drive them to an opposite view.
Calling people names will not endear you to them either.

I'm going to get a bit hypocritical now, and tell you something.

You need to decide whether you simply want to rail against the world, or
whether you want to win hearts and minds. It's coming across very much like
the former today!

Martin

---

Old 19-04-2004, 12:05 AM
KrakAttiK

************************************************* *******
The recent outbreak of Foot and Mouth Disease demonstrates how
inhumanely lambs are treated, as they are moved from market to market
all over the UK, and even exported live to other countries in europe
such as italy.

Go veggie, better for you, better for the animals.

************************************************* ********

The last line contains the words "Go veggie."

You don't say! so from that you think an order do you? sigh.

where does that leave your statement in the last post

"Now off to bed with you, you've got a lecture tomorrow afternoon."

AM I to take it you are ordering me to bed?

Like I said. Drama Queen.

I hope you can understand why I can't take him too seriously!
Yes, the comment about lamb chops was made tongue in cheek, and it
could be viewed as provocative. I belive it was appropriate given
how far off topic the original post was. Keep it in
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian where it belongs!

Nuts.

Well, if your view is nuts, I respect that. Now off to bed with you,
you've got a lecture tomorrow afternoon.

I lecture every day.

Well, you've got me there. You certainly did a shed load of lecturing today.

It's not lecturing it's free advice. I get paid to lecture.

You clearly hold your belief very strongly, but that does not of itself make
it right for everyone.

Who said it did?

Posting it in a newsgroup about gardening is just
plain wrong.

I don't.

Have you stopped to consider whether what you are doing helps
your message, or detracts from it. All that illogical stuff about respecting
the rights of people to eat what they want being analagous to respecting the
right of people to abuse children doesn't strengthen your point. It weakens
it.

I don't think so, my choice.

I can understand that issues such as cruelty to animals, and vegetarianism
are things that people might well want to evangelise about, but if you do it
in a way that turns people off, you'll only drive them to an opposite view.

Then they are stupid people. I take advice at face value and then
decide what to do with it. You don't shoot the messenger just because
he has spots.

Calling people names will not endear you to them either.

That's the general idea.

I'm going to get a bit hypocritical now, and tell you something.

I'm not a doctor you know, but go on.

You need to decide whether you simply want to rail against the world,

That's a good start.

or
whether you want to win hearts and minds.

I couldnt give a stuff what people think of me, isn't that quite
plain? It's not about me is it!

It's coming across very much like
the former today!

It really doesn't matter, all publicity is good.

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Martin

The last line contains the words "Go veggie."

You don't say! so from that you think an order do you? sigh.

where does that leave your statement in the last post

"Now off to bed with you, you've got a lecture tomorrow afternoon."

AM I to take it you are ordering me to bed?

YES! Now we agree what an order is! Hey Mr AttiK, we've found some common
ground. I think we can really move forward from here.

Like I said. Drama Queen.

Yes, you did say that didn't you? Anyway, in the spirit of our newly defined
sharing of common ground, I'm going to take it in the spirit of good humour
you probably meant.

It's not lecturing it's free advice. I get paid to lecture.

Oops - you don't need to get paid for it to be lecturing. Dash it, I'm
starting to lecture you myself now. I feel cheap and used.

You clearly hold your belief very strongly, but that does not of
itself make it right for everyone.

Who said it did?

So you think it's okay for some people to eat meat?

Posting it in a newsgroup about gardening is just
plain wrong.

I don't.

Yes you do. Look at the "To" list. It's the second last one.

Have you stopped to consider whether what you are doing helps
your message, or detracts from it. All that illogical stuff about
respecting the rights of people to eat what they want being
analagous to respecting the right of people to abuse children
doesn't strengthen your point. It weakens it.

I don't think so, my choice.

Seriously though. You must see that that doesn't scan?

I can understand that issues such as cruelty to animals, and
vegetarianism are things that people might well want to evangelise
about, but if you do it in a way that turns people off, you'll only
drive them to an opposite view.

Then they are stupid people. I take advice at face value and then
decide what to do with it. You don't shoot the messenger just because
he has spots.

Well yes, people can be stupid. What I'm saying is that if you want these
stupid people to behave in the same way (wrt to not eating meat) as wise
people you should probably avoid insulting and annoying them. That's advice
not an order.

Calling people names will not endear you to them either.

That's the general idea.

Okay, I didn't realise it was actually your aim to make people dislike you.
That's thrown me a bit.

I'm going to get a bit hypocritical now, and tell you something.

I'm not a doctor you know, but go on.

Ah, was that a glimpse of a sense of humour?

You need to decide whether you simply want to rail against the world,

That's a good start.

or
whether you want to win hearts and minds.

I couldnt give a stuff what people think of me, isn't that quite
plain? It's not about me is it!

I'm sure you know that the winning of hearts and minds in this case was a
reference to altering people's attitudes to animal cruelty and
vegetarianism, not whether they like you or not. We've already established
that you actively *want* to be disliked.

It's coming across very much like
the former today!

It really doesn't matter, all publicity is good.

I can't argue with that. (Because it's a cliche).

I'm off to bed.

Regards

Martin

---

Old 19-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Derek Moody

In article , Martin
wrote:

No doubt you offer the same right to pedophiles to **** children,
robbers to mug grannies and so on?

No, I don't. You must admit, that's a bit of a leap from eating a veggie
burger.

About par for Pete.

However, when
you consider that someone has dropped into uk.rec.gardening to tell
me to "Go veggie,"

Really, who was that, drama queen?

Either it was you, or someone spoofing your "From" name. What did you find
so dramatic? The truth?

Google for 'Pete the Troll' if you want to see a selection of Pete's ID's.
He changes roughly once a week and hasn't used any version of his own name
since (iIrc) 1999. He may have forgotten it. Right now he's trying to forge
his headers look like he's posting from one of my accounts. He isn't very
good at that either.

Nuts.

Well, if your view is nuts, I respect that. Now off to bed with you, you've
got a lecture tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately his physical age is many time his mental age.

Cheerio,

--

http://www.farm-direct.co.uk/

Old 19-04-2004, 08:06 AM
KrakAttiK

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 23:39:36 +0100, "Martin"
wrote:

The last line contains the words "Go veggie."

You don't say! so from that you think an order do you? sigh.

where does that leave your statement in the last post

"Now off to bed with you, you've got a lecture tomorrow afternoon."

AM I to take it you are ordering me to bed?

YES! Now we agree what an order is! Hey Mr AttiK, we've found some common
ground. I think we can really move forward from here.

Like I said. Drama Queen.

Yes, you did say that didn't you? Anyway, in the spirit of our newly defined
sharing of common ground, I'm going to take it in the spirit of good humour
you probably meant.

It's a start, but a little long winded for my liking.

It's not lecturing it's free advice. I get paid to lecture.

Oops - you don't need to get paid for it to be lecturing.

I never said you did. Your cognitive skills are somewhat lacking. Do
you suffer from psychotic tendencies?

Dash it, I'm
starting to lecture you myself now. I feel cheap and used.

Like I said, drama queen.

You clearly hold your belief very strongly, but that does not of
itself make it right for everyone.

Who said it did?

So you think it's okay for some people to eat meat?

If you are starving you'll eat what you can, including each other.

Posting it in a newsgroup about gardening is just
plain wrong.

I don't.

Yes you do. Look at the "To" list. It's the second last one.

Stop your incoherent snipping.

I DONT think it's wrong.

Have you stopped to consider whether what you are doing helps
your message, or detracts from it. All that illogical stuff about
respecting the rights of people to eat what they want being
analagous to respecting the right of people to abuse children
doesn't strengthen your point. It weakens it.

I don't think so, my choice.

Seriously though. You must see that that doesn't scan?

No. It's a well known fact that those who enjoy animal abuse often
abuse adults/children/the system etc.

I can understand that issues such as cruelty to animals, and
vegetarianism are things that people might well want to evangelise
about, but if you do it in a way that turns people off, you'll only
drive them to an opposite view.

Then they are stupid people. I take advice at face value and then
decide what to do with it. You don't shoot the messenger just because
he has spots.

Well yes, people can be stupid. What I'm saying is that if you want these
stupid people to behave in the same way (wrt to not eating meat) as wise
people you should probably avoid insulting and annoying them. That's advice
not an order.

People should stop eating meat because of their conscience, not mine!

Calling people names will not endear you to them either.

That's the general idea.

Okay, I didn't realise it was actually your aim to make people dislike you.
That's thrown me a bit.

It's not my aim, just a fringe benefit.

I'm going to get a bit hypocritical now, and tell you something.

I'm not a doctor you know, but go on.

Ah, was that a glimpse of a sense of humour?

You mean this is the first time you have sensed humor in my posts?
were you abused by your lecturer?

You need to decide whether you simply want to rail against the world,

That's a good start.

or
whether you want to win hearts and minds.

I couldnt give a stuff what people think of me, isn't that quite
plain? It's not about me is it!

I'm sure you know that the winning of hearts and minds in this case was a
reference to altering people's attitudes to animal cruelty and
vegetarianism, not whether they like you or not. We've already established
that you actively *want* to be disliked.

So It's now clear?

It's coming across very much like
the former today!

It really doesn't matter, all publicity is good.

I can't argue with that. (Because it's a cliche).

I like people who don't argue.

I'm off to bed.

Toodle pip, don't let the bed bugs bite.

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 08:07 AM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:06:06 +0100, Derek Moody
wrote:

In article , Martin
wrote:

No doubt you offer the same right to pedophiles to **** children,
robbers to mug grannies and so on?

No, I don't. You must admit, that's a bit of a leap from eating a veggie
burger.

About par for Pete.

Ah my pet stalker returns. Stop claiming to be me or I shall report
you, you bad boy.

However, when
you consider that someone has dropped into uk.rec.gardening to tell
me to "Go veggie,"

Really, who was that, drama queen?

Either it was you, or someone spoofing your "From" name. What did you find
so dramatic? The truth?

Google for 'Pete the Troll' if you want to see a selection of Pete's ID's.
He changes roughly once a week and hasn't used any version of his own name
since (iIrc) 1999. He may have forgotten it. Right now he's trying to forge
his headers look like he's posting from one of my accounts. He isn't very
good at that either.

Ha ha ha that's almost so absurd as to be true, shame on you. This is
your final warning to desist.

Nuts.

Well, if your view is nuts, I respect that. Now off to bed with you, you've
got a lecture tomorrow afternoon.

Unfortunately his physical age is many time his mental age.

Both of which scare the pants off you.

What's a matter cant get anyone to fight your battles diddums, you
could always come and see me, I'll show you the ropes?

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Tony Parkinson

"KrakAttiK" wrote in message

I lecture every day.

Yeah, but your imaginary friends don't count !!!

;^)

Old 19-04-2004, 08:07 AM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:05:05 +0000 (UTC), "Tony Parkinson"
wrote:

"KrakAttiK" wrote in message
.. .

I lecture every day.

Yeah, but your imaginary friends don't count !!!

Never classed you as a friend, in fact always thought you were an arse
old chum.

Still you could always drop out of lessons.

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 08:08 AM
Martin

Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Martin
wrote:

No doubt you offer the same right to pedophiles to **** children,
robbers to mug grannies and so on?

No, I don't. You must admit, that's a bit of a leap from eating a
veggie burger.

About par for Pete.

However, when
you consider that someone has dropped into uk.rec.gardening to tell
me to "Go veggie,"

Really, who was that, drama queen?

Either it was you, or someone spoofing your "From" name. What did
you find so dramatic? The truth?

Google for 'Pete the Troll' if you want to see a selection of Pete's
ID's. He changes roughly once a week and hasn't used any version of
his own name since (iIrc) 1999. He may have forgotten it. Right now
he's trying to forge his headers look like he's posting from one of
my accounts. He isn't very good at that either.

Yes, I'd noticed he was trying to spoof your account (albeit very crudely).
Thanks for the heads up - I'll not waste any more time on him.

Regards

Martin

---

Old 19-04-2004, 08:08 AM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:44:46 +0100, "Martin"
wrote:

Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Martin
wrote:

[...]

Phew that's lucky for you then, you were clearly floundering anyway.

Cheerio

Old 19-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Jim Webster

"Martin" wrote in message
Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Martin
wrote:

[...]

it is surprising how few real trolls there are now. As people have got more
used to usenet they tend to ignore them. Certainly on the UK groups pete may
be one of the few left.

Jim Webster

Old 19-04-2004, 09:03 AM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:19:39 +0100, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
Derek Moody wrote:
In article , Martin
wrote:

[...]

You could have fooled me. Since when have we ignored you? that's
downright rude.

Certainly on the UK groups pete may
be one of the few left.

Pete who? Bwahahahahahahahahaha