Old 19-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Mike Lyle

Default Blunkett must hate us

"Andy Hunt" wrote in message news:RiCgc.618$Gq3.286@newsfe1-win...
No hoss, what it suggests is that I don't have time to scroll down

somebody
else's long-ass,

This is a UK newsgroup - what's a "long ass"?

I didn't mean to revisit this thread, but the dog returneth to his
vomit, etc. In Australia there's a large univalve mollusc known as a
"Long-Arse". I imagine that's what our friend means: you probably
unscroll them from their shells when you want to eat them.

Ah . . . I did think he was possibly being a little "shellfish", I must
admit. Quite what it has to do with gardening I'm not sure. Trying to
"mussel" in here, no doubt.

Mind you, I do have some cockle shells in my garden, so it might be on
topic. No silver bells though, and as for pretty maids - well, one is quite
enough for me!

By the way, a bloke I met in the pub says he is paying good money for people
who want to do a bit of cockle picking, so if our friend ever needs
something to "tide him over" . . . ;-)

A perfect posting! I wonder if it'll cause him to clam up.

Mike.
Old 19-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Leighton Jones

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
om...
"Andy Hunt" wrote in message

[...]

We should be working at a way to "Winkle" the truth out of things like that.
Cheers LJ.