Old 21-04-2004, 05:13 AM
Cereus-validus

Default Impatience not

That's Impatiens not impatience.

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello,

Last year I bought some Impatience (Pink) from B &Q.

These lasted all Summer ,only about 3-4 inches tall with green almost see
through stems.

I'm on the look out for some for this year but not sure if I'm too early.
Some people suggest "Busy Lizzies" but these don't look like the
(Impatience)plants I had last year.

Can anyone comment on where I may be able to get them ? (not at B&Q yet).

Mike.

Old 21-04-2004, 04:04 PM
Victoria Clare

"Cereus-validus" wrote in
om:

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello,

Last year I bought some Impatience (Pink) from B &Q.

These lasted all Summer ,only about 3-4 inches tall with green almost
see through stems.

I'm on the look out for some for this year but not sure if I'm too
early. Some people suggest "Busy Lizzies" but these don't look like
the (Impatience)plants I had last year.

That's Impatiens not impatience.

Impatience is sometimes used as a 'common name' - it's perhaps more
valid than 'bizzy lizzies', as the name 'impatiens' does actually refer
to 'impatience'. I've also seen it called 'patience plant'.

http://www.killerplants.com/whats-in...e/20010824.asp

Mike, there are a number of types of impatiens. They come in a range of
red, orange, purple and white flowers, with dark or green leaves, and
growing to different heights. Some have double flowers like little
roses.

Try these:
http://images.google.com/images?q=impatiens
http://www.dtbrownseeds.co.uk/acatal...impatiens.html

and see if any look at all familiar.

It's possible that what you had was some other bedding plant which had
been given the name 'impatience' by the growers, but your description
does sound like some sort of impatiens.

Garden centres and nurseries round here have them in at the moment, but
if you are in a cold area, it could be they aren't stocking them yet.

B&Qs often don't look after their plants all that well (though better
than Woolworths!) so you might want to try somewhere else and see what
you can find. If you post what area you are in, someone should be able
to recommend somewhere local.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall

Impatience!!!!!! Roo Australia 1 28-08-2005 01:09 AM
over-wintering nonstop begonias and impatience Ted Gardening 4 23-08-2005 01:58 AM
Growing Impatience Doug Kanter Gardening 13 10-11-2004 07:32 PM
Impatience Mike United Kingdom 1 20-04-2004 11:09 PM
sweet--not scotch broom--to plant or not to plant? Lil Gardening 2 28-05-2003 06:44 AM