Old 24-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Kevin Farrows

Default Bamboo canes

Hello all, does anyone know of an online supplier of Bamboo canes?
Garden center prices seem a bit steep and I shall soon be needing at
least fifty for my runner beans.

Thanks
Kevin.
Old 24-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Sam

"Mick" wrote in message

"Kevin Farrows" wrote in message
Hello all, does anyone know of an online supplier of Bamboo canes?
Garden center prices seem a bit steep and I shall soon be needing at
least fifty for my runner beans.

I found it was cheaper to buy a load of green 2x1 inch lengths of wood,
screw them together in an A-frame then add string.

A local garden centre near here was £1.99 for 5 1.5M canes so we said "stuff
that" and my wife went to our local independent hardware store and got "she
reckons" 10 6 foot canes for £1.40. So support your local hardware store -
if you still have one.

Sam

Old 24-04-2004, 11:10 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

In message , Kevin Farrows
writes
Hello all, does anyone know of an online supplier of Bamboo canes?
Garden center prices seem a bit steep and I shall soon be needing at
least fifty for my runner beans.

NA Kays are probably cheap for a decent quantity, though last time I
looked the website was pretty unusable - just a list of the products
basically, and no sensible navigation.

Probably easier to ring.

http://www.kayshorticulture.com/
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:
Old 25-04-2004, 03:04 AM
nambucca

"Kevin Farrows" wrote in message
Hello all, does anyone know of an online supplier of Bamboo canes?
Garden center prices seem a bit steep and I shall soon be needing at
least fifty for my runner beans.

Thanks
Kevin.

Dont use bamboo canes instead

Make a framework 2 posts and a top bar and either attach bean netting or add
a wire at the bottom and run strings up from the wire to the top rail

Old 25-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Bob Hobden

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in message after Kevin Farrows asked

Hello all, does anyone know of an online supplier of Bamboo canes?
Garden center prices seem a bit steep and I shall soon be needing at
least fifty for my runner beans.

NA Kays are probably cheap for a decent quantity, though last time I
looked the website was pretty unusable - just a list of the products
basically, and no sensible navigation.

Probably easier to ring.

http://www.kayshorticulture.com/
--

Totally agree, good quality and cheap but their online catalogue is as
unfathomable as their ordinary catalogue. I'm sure it must make sense to

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars

8ft Plastic Bamboo Canes John United Kingdom 9 26-10-2007 07:20 PM
Discoloured Canes Heather Cross Roses 1 24-02-2003 08:09 PM
Raspberry canes John Cotterill United Kingdom 1 14-01-2003 10:24 PM
Moving raspberry canes Jo United Kingdom 2 24-11-2002 01:35 PM
Rasberry Canes / pruning Colin A Jacobs United Kingdom 1 29-09-2002 09:43 PM