Old 25-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Rosie

Default annual climber - good for birds/bees?

Is there an annual climber that I can plant that is beneficial to
bees/birds/butterflies?

I've got some nice things that I planted last year but I have a VAST fence
to cover and I'd like something quick for the summer - I've got some morning
glory seeds, any good? I can't be arsed with sweetpeas because of all the
hassle of picking them, and they won't be in a very accesible place (back of
border).

ROSIE

Old 27-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Jason Pope

Rosie wrote:
Is there an annual climber that I can plant that is beneficial to
bees/birds/butterflies?

I've got some nice things that I planted last year but I have a VAST fence
to cover and I'd like something quick for the summer - I've got some morning
glory seeds, any good? I can't be arsed with sweetpeas because of all the
hassle of picking them, and they won't be in a very accesible place (back of
border).

ROSIE

Morning Glory is an excellent annual for rapid coverage of trellis
etc,.....although I'm uncertain as to how beneficial they would be for
birds, the seeds of Morning Glory give an effect similar to that of LSD!

Jason

--
Check out my ebay auctions for Passifora caerulea and edulis seeds and
Morning Glory (Star of Yelta) seeds.