Old 25-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Tumbleweed

Default heron/cat scarers..question

Been looking at ads for those devices that work by setting off a jet of
water when a heron or other large animal approaches.
Question. How do you prevent it squirting you when you go into the garden?

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

Old 25-04-2004, 11:29 PM
martin

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 20:57:32 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

Been looking at ads for those devices that work by setting off a jet of
water when a heron or other large animal approaches.
Question. How do you prevent it squirting you when you go into the garden?

Take all your clothes off first.
Old 25-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Bob Hobden

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
Been looking at ads for those devices that work by setting off a jet of
water when a heron or other large animal approaches.
Question. How do you prevent it squirting you when you go into the garden?

There are some ultrasonic ones about now that work on cats, dogs and similar
animals but we can't hear it, may be worth a look. Some work on the barking
of a dog (for those suffering with noisy dogs) and I'm told others work on
movement.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars

Old 26-04-2004, 09:03 AM
Tumbleweed

wrote:

Been looking at ads for those devices that work by setting off a jet of
water when a heron or other large animal approaches.
Question. How do you prevent it squirting you when you go into the

garden?

Take all your clothes off first.

That would definitely scare the animals away in my case :-)

Old 26-04-2004, 10:12 AM
martin

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:56:58 +0100, "Tumbleweed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Been looking at ads for those devices that work by setting off a jet of
water when a heron or other large animal approaches.
Question. How do you prevent it squirting you when you go into the

garden?

Take all your clothes off first.

That would definitely scare the animals away in my case :-)

:-)

nothing personal BTW

Old 26-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Gilbert

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
. ..
Been looking at ads for those devices that work by setting off a jet of
water when a heron or other large animal approaches.
Question. How do you prevent it squirting you when you go into the garden?

Well... the first time you forget you get soaked! You usually remember to
turn it off after that... But seriously, first of all you should position it
so that you can approach it from behind the sensor (so not right up against
a wall, etc). You can then turn the 'scarecrow' off from behind the
movement sensor before approaching your pond. Alternatively you turn off the
water supply at the tap - although it still goes off when it senses
movement, it is just a quick squirt (i.e. the residual pressure of the water
in the feed pipe).
I've found it a wondrous machine, particularly good at keeping cats away.
Unfortunately, my dogs haven't got the hang of switching it off before they
take a drink!:O)

Cheers!
Gilbert

Making bird-scarers from old CDs... AL_n United Kingdom 5 03-04-2012 11:09 AM
Cat Scarers Baz[_3_] United Kingdom 124 13-11-2010 10:49 AM
cat scarers stevej United Kingdom 27 26-06-2010 11:42 AM
bird scarers bob[_5_] United Kingdom 4 01-05-2010 07:28 PM
Sonic Rabbit scarers [email protected] United Kingdom 0 20-06-2006 09:58 AM